Caution... See The Right Hand Fuel Cap

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** me off when people don't run with a fuel cap :backoff Worked for a farmer awhile back who did that. Went to go chisel plow the field next to the shop with his IH 3788, I look at the back fuel tank and there is a damn shop rag stuffed in the top. I call him up and he sez "oh just run with it for now it fell off sometime last night." I would plow till i started loosing power, then just drive up to the shop and change filters and go out plow till the new ones plugged up. cookoo Didnt work for that guy to long.

As far as the air filter goes...Well i could tell a story about a D7 dozer with a Mexican operator down in Mexico....but i think I'll save that for another time.;Really

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... I'm thinking driving this daily without a fuel cap or a air filter is just plain silly..... I had a rig like this in high school but it had a 292 Y block gas motor... Sure enjoyd the big front seat with my dates in that rig....:eek::rotflmao:angel:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sid=p2041548.m738&item=160541380748&viewitem=
that thing would make an awsome towtruck....;p:D
kinda like this one......;Sweet
the only thing bad about owning something like that in towtruck form is you will be DOT bait.

Attachments

• 1953rollback.jpg
    1953rollback.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1953rollbackb.jpg
    1953rollbackb.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 6

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i saw a fuel cap, on the fuel cell in the back. dont think the one in the cab is used,

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
X3 I would agree that is part of the look, since the fuel cell is mounted on the frame by the rear axle......

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't have called that truck a "ratrod" as the seller did, but it's interesting none the less. Not sure about the workmanship, but appears to be better than ratrod quality. Would have been really cool if it was a cab over!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online