Caution " Oh Reallys" alert

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My local machine shops quit doing rear brake drums due to chimerica...
I needed a few thousands trimmed off my 60 k drums.
O reilles auto parts turns drums in the next town over, so off I go.
Here's 2 sterling drums clean em up please....
Get them back after a $50 fee...
They cut 2 13/16 out of the 3 1/2 " of drum surface.
The excuse is
My machine won't cut any more.
??????
W h a t t h e p h a w k
Over?
Stay tuned for the managers response.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most places would rather sell you new parts than actually be involved in fixing what you already have.
Hell my closest O'Reilly can't even find the new parts anymore. They have hired a bunch of dumb ***** that I'm not even sure know how to drive a vehicle let alone work on it.

James

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew going in I was!@#$%^&)
But I get to go into the shop and verify how to use the machine.
As I am betting on incorrectly adjusted tool holder.... :frustrate

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9 years ago when we first moved to Nv, from Kommie land, my Vac pump took a dump. Pulled it and took it into the store. Guys back then, jumped on it and were going to swap it for me, but then realized they couldn`t get it off the pulley. Didn`t have the special tool back then.
Older guy working there, said to come over to his place about 6PM, and he would R&R it for me.

Some time later I go in to order some Wax & Grease remover, wanted Kleen Strip. Kid said we don`t have it...It`s on your web site. Looks it up...nope, but we have our brand for $35....no way, KS is $20. I`ll sell you ours for the same price. (Master-Pro)
Buy it and thinking, that is some mark up in price...

Go home look up KS and there it is...$20 a can, order 2 and pick them up next day...stupid kid is not there.

It`s gone up in price quite a bit...Thanks Joe.

Last year (spring) needed a Booster for the 86, tell the kid 86 F250, 8500 GVW etc... Gives me the box, and off I go. LIL bigger than the old one, and the 4 studs were off from the holes in the FW.
Take it back..."OH Yeah, that is the wrong one"...need to order, be here in the morning.
Dang, it 7 miles ea way, adds up.
Now I give them the part # which I write with a sharpie under the hood....
along with a few other part#`s.

Friday I go in to buy a Master Cylinder for a 87 F-250.....behind the counter is a person with left 1/2 the head shaved, hair on right side across it`s face, Mascara, eye liner, Black nail polish and probably Lip Stick....
It get the MC, and ask for a Booster, be here in morning....
next day pick up the Booster and rainbow is there, older guy close to 70 says " hey guy I need..." "It`s Miss"....
I would have got fired for less than that talking down to a customer.

There are good people that work in these stores, but don`t seem to hang around.

I go out east of Carson City to the big NAPA, and real gear head,s work there and always get good service, and the exact part.
It`s 25 miles out there, but worth it.

Goat

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, anyone can tap a button on a screen.
Spray n pray...
But ask for them to open a parts book :frustrate

At least you CAN go to a decent one.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright!!! This isn't brake lathe stuff, BUT it's O'Reilly caution stuff! So my starter died.....after less than 6 months......no problem though, I know what I paid for. China junk, right. So I pulled it off, tested my batteries to death, they're good. Even hooked my starter to the battery with jumper cables and the bearings were noisey, so it's bad. Now don't start with the "power master is the happiest place on earth stuff" I plan on a power master eventually unless y'all want to start a "go fund me" account. So I took my "lifetime warranty" starter to oreallys and guess what???.......I've warrantied it 3 times and they won't replace it again.........what? Anyway, I pulled the solinoid off the oreallys and put it on an old Mitsubishi gear reduction starter that I had and now have a good starter to hold me over until I get the "Happy power master". But I pulled the oreally apart, check this out!!!! And what are these grooves I'm pointing at?

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_103247.jpg
    IMG_20230813_103247.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230813_103757.jpg
    IMG_20230813_103757.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230813_103802.jpg
    IMG_20230813_103802.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230813_103909.jpg
    IMG_20230813_103909.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 23

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now don't start with the "power master is the happiest place on earth stuff" I plan on a power master eventually unless y'all want to start a "go fund me" account.

LOL

Yeah that's EXACTLY why I bought my powermaster though. I don't remember if I replaced that darn thing three or four times. I definitely understand what you mean though! That's why I had my alternator rebuilt instead. Powermaster alternator is $220ish and I should be under $100 for the rebuild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online