Can't Upload Attachments?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I just made a post on the IDI board and wanted to post an attachment. However, the button to open the popup window to manage attachments is missing. This is in Mozilla FireFox in Linux (Ubuntu 8.04), and this is a new problem....I was able to upload attachments a month ago.

I took a screenshot of what my window looks like; you can take a look here http://www.dieselwarden.net/temp/attachment.png

Is this an issue with the board software, or is something wrong on my end? On the permissions (shown at the lower left on the screenshot), I should be allowed to post attachments.

Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
i just looked at your user profile settings. everything's normal.
can you log on from a different system and see if it repeats itself?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
i just looked at your user profile settings. everything's normal.
can you log on from a different system and see if it repeats itself?
Just tried in FireFox in XP, and the "Manage Attachments" button showed up. Strange...I wonder what changed with Ubuntu or with the board software's compatibility with Ubuntu? Like I said in the first post, I didn't have any problem with this a month (or even less) ago...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that message was sent just prior to a complete and catastrophic RAM failure on my system. I'm back up and running now (with some RAM pillaged from another computer), and the "Manage Attachments" button's back now (even in Linux). So, looks like the problem was entirely on my end....thanks again! ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that message was sent just prior to a complete and catastrophic RAM failure on my system.

Tim,

I think I may know whats going on so I took a screen shot of your screen shot to point out a possible issue....

Attachments

• toomany.jpg
    toomany.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 10

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, Mike :) actually, that tab count's about a moderate load for me...I have to be at double to triple that before I "normally" have problems.

When I said I suffered a RAM failure, I meant a hardware failure....the system wouldn't even boot up, and both RAM boards failed a memtest miserably. I think it was up to 900,000 individual errors before I gave up. The RAM boards were only 3 years old, but at least they have a lifetime warranty...and, while I admit I put a load on them, I can't imagine that that would cause a premature failure like that. I'm not overclocking or gaming or anything like that... :dunno

I have two 512 chips I snagged from a dead machine, which is why I'm on at all right now...and, even with being extremely careful, I can certainly feel the difference...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin