can?

sootman73

Reaction score
a heat gun would probably work even better because they are so much hotter.

just a thought.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had to heat injector lines with a propane torch in chicago to get engines running, works pretty well.

We had a bullet heater on an 8V71 for hours and it still wouldnt start, even with ether and pouring some gas down the blower, found out the mains were spun 1/4 inch into the caps, and the rings were toast. Actually the whole engine was toast,, ahhh the good ol days of winter in chicago at Ohare.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I was under the impression the Cummins had the grid heater, cause our 01 PSD doesnt have one either

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
O! that stupid coil spring in the intake? That Is just to keep the white smoke to a minimum at extended ideling . I threw mine in the garbage, it restrics the hell out of the intake

sassyrel

Reaction score
aiming a hair drier down the intake tube of a dsl works--i had a ****** dsl--new batt,newgp's--and it still wouldnt start--hair dryer aimed in tube--popped right off----warm air makes a big diff--

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
O! that stupid coil spring in the intake? That Is just to keep the white smoke to a minimum at extended ideling . I threw mine in the garbage, it restrics the hell out of the intake

it heats up dont it? do you still have it i would like it

Black dawg

Reaction score
the stroker heater will burn out without airflow to cool it. I was going to put one in today but it burnt up during testing.