can you combine a hypermax intercooler with a banks sidewinder kit?

bubba_89

Reaction score
I have a 89' f350 7.3 idi with a banks sidewinder turbo kit and was wondering if i could hook up a hypermax intercooler kit with it...????

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought about that,but then realized there would be no point in it.a lot of that $ your spending,is so you can just buy a pre-made kit and bolt it in.
since you can't do that with the banks turbo,it's much cheaper to just buy your own cooler,pipe,and fab it up yourself.cus you'd be doing that anyway.
same results in the end.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some of the above is true... Some not so true. I have a Banks sidewinder turbo on my rig and I have two hypermax intercoolers. There is no need to fabricate any piping but there is a need to fab up an intake hat. I have researched this and found we can actually turn the discharge of the cold side turbo and buy an adapter to fit directly to the hypermax intake hat. I don't recall the size adapter to fit the Banks turbo outlet to the hypermax intake hat. I'm guessing it was 1 5/8 to 2 1/2 but please don't hold my feet to the fire if I'm wrong... Its a guess from years ago work.

Black dawg

Reaction score
For 1900 bucks I am sure you could buy all the tools and material to do this and get a full sized intercooler.

bubba_89

Reaction score
thanks guys for the help and yes its a full kit that is suppose to fit directly in. we'll just see how direct..lol but if worse comes to worse ill fab up what i hafta.. when i get it in and done ill let ya'll know how she runs...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online