Can a front D60 out of 79 F250 fit in a 85?

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to get the front axle cheep and it looks like the spring pads are in more.Seen it and did not measure it. Hoping to do a alxe swap from TTB.

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I could just weld on some new pads? did get the numbers off it though The guy says it has 410"s,axle #610023-8?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
The differential is too close to the center on that axle and it would hit your cross member without a large lift. That said the 78-79 axles are highly sought after in the offroad world and you could easily sell it and buy a 85.5-97 axle with cash to spare. Hope this helps.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The differential is too close to the center on that axle and it would hit your cross member without a large lift. That said the 78-79 axles are highly sought after in the offroad world and you could easily sell it and buy a 85.5-97 axle with cash to spare. Hope this helps.

I didn't have that problem, I had death wobble like non other, but clearance was not a problem.

Yes I tried the fender washer trick.... to no avail.

Your spring perches will move 3" per side, bout it. Plug and play at that point into my 90.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online