Camshaft torque specs

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15 ft-lb on allen. No special torque listed for the other two, just standard torque for the bolt size. 5/16 is 14 ft-lb, 3/8 is 24 ft-lb.

Attachments

• Image (30).jpg
    Image (30).jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 42

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
f you are installing a cam gear please warm it up to no more than 250 degrees. That will grow it enough to fit easily. Same with all the other parts up that end of the cam. If you have the cam gear with the clean face thats the good gear. The gear with the drilled and tapped 2 holes is the unbalanced gear and it causes vibration at idle.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Extra points....if you can freeze cam whilst heating parts...shoukd freakin near fall together.

Good idea Al. When I froze parts while working in the huge machine shop we used liquid nitrogen. That stuff is 280 degrees below zero. Drop in what you want to shrink. Wait till it stops boiling. Then remove by the wire you hopefully attached to the piece and for sure wear safety equipment. That would be a FULL face shield and some hand protection. I liked using Tillman welding gloves. Liquid nitrogen can burn as bad as any hot material can.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They press on quite easy without heating/freezing with a standard press.....at least mine did.

mine did as well.
the only issue both me and Ian had were locating the correct NEW woodruff key lol

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They press on quite easy without heating/freezing with a standard press.....at least mine did.

They all do, a little motor oil and slips on.
Please do not hammer them on, seen it done, not pretty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online