C6 torque converters

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but what brand low stall converter does everyone prefer? Been looking at old posts, but some of ther companies either don't exist or don't make them anymore. And something that isn't going to break the bank if possible. Thanks

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok , I want to ask again, because I'm at a dead end. I've tried contacting 3 different online companies that carry torque converters for a C6 that are low stall. Only one answered the phone. But the stall speed is 1600. No good. The other 2 won't answer the phone, or even answer emails. I'm looking for a low stall converter for a C6. Like 1200 low. Anyone have any leads? I want to get one installed for my move down south. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Did you try asking a transmission shop? They may not be common enough these days to keep one on hand, but they could order one for you or tell you where to buy one yourself.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a Aamco or whatever they are called a couple towns over. Never thought to really check it out. When you get a shop that tells you your truck is too old for them to work on, you tend to avoid shops altogether. And my newest truck is a 97. Plus I trust what you guys post- I can filter out the crap after I do some searching. But as far as converter info goes, I can't get a response from online retailers.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd try that shop next. If the online people won't bother to respond to you, then they don't want your money.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could give these guys a call. You’re probably not going to get anywhere on there website(feels like 1999). But, they sell primarily to independent transmission shops, so I think if anyone could help you, they could.

https://www.wittrans.com/