C6 issue and I have no idea whats up

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok trucks all back together finally(only took a year) and I took it around the block today and the trans wont shift........at all. I can manually shift it into second and it drives fine it just wont shift on its own. I have strong vacuum from the pump going into the VRV and everything else(brakes are nice and firm) but nothing coming out of VRV to trans. I pulled the vacuum hose of the trans modulator and with some one reving the engine i could feel no vacuum from the line. I have tried adjusting the VRV, it was pointing tward the front of the truck as far as it could go. Is the VRV bad or am i just missing something?

And I also want to say thanks to Chris and Garry for all your help, could not have done it with you guys

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check that your vacuum line from the pump is connected to the top port on the vrv ?

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, vacuum hose comeing from firewall tree to top port of VRV and bottom port goin to the trans

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
If you have proper vacuum to the top port (at least 20hg) but are not getting any vacuum at all out the bottom, then your VRV is dead.

You can check to see if it jammed up at WOT, but even if you get it unstuck, it's likely to jam up again leaving you in the same boat.

Jmackk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was AWSOME!!!! I just bought it, thanks oldbull. I was a little PO'ed about the $130 the deal wanted, that made my day.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was AWSOME!!!! I just bought it, thanks oldbull. I was a little PO'ed about the $130 the deal wanted, that made my day.

Your more than Welcome. That's how we help each other out. From time to time, U-haul has some good deals for our trucks.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a great price from uhaul. I have several of those that I "found" on 6.9 and 7.3 engines in wrecking yards..:angel: Tried to give them away free at the 2009 rally but no takers.cookoo Now those will be offered for sale....:angel::D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a great price from uhaul. I have several of those that I "found" on 6.9 and 7.3 engines in wrecking yards..:angel: Tried to give them away free at the 2009 rally but no takers.cookoo Now those will be offered for sale....:angel::D

That's going to take at least a week just to find them behind the back seat. :rotflmao :rolleyes:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. Those are in the shop. Just saw them the other day.. I was looking at the 125 husky that I have all over the bench. I seem to have some spare parts for the trans and can't find out where they go. Might be from other projects and by accident got mixed in the husky box o parts. Been 30 years since I took it apart. Now one handed I just look at it and try to gather info on the net about spacers and proper assembly procedures and nut torques on both sides of the crank.