By-Pass Filtration kit - For your consideration/review - FS2500

jwplunkett

Reaction score
COPIED from earlier Web Forums and consolidated within OilBurners for benefit of all forum members ( Refer to below )

SUMMARY --- By-Pass filtration systems for your review & consideration --- I ultimately selected www.FS2500.com --- It's without doubt an individual choice so please find the below data my independent research --- I highly suggest each Forum member conduct their own research so at the end of the exercise you can make informed decision best suited for your particular application ---- my independent research lead me to personally at this point in time believe the FS2500 has the edge over other filtration systems on market --- However I do suggest that for long life of vehicle --- it's again my personal viewpoint that any fluid ( Coolant, Engine, Transmission ) that can be filtered eliminating large particles via FULL flow engine filter then smaller particles via By-pass all the better --- I do NOT plan to extend oil drain intervals will stay with the 5K to 7K based on oil analysis report --- Replace oil & Filter to play it safe even with the FS2500 installed --- Piece of mind installing to date by-pass filtration systems for Coolant(Dieselsite.com) & Engine(FS2500.com) ---- next is the Transmission ( More than likely a combination of FS2500 & Dieselsite products )--- plus MOST important as all senior forum members have directed me is to conduct a regular independent lab oil analysis program and monitor results / document same / compare over long term --- Hope this helps that was my ultimate goal to give something back to forum being I have received so much valuable advice from forum members to date ;Really --- its all about us freely sharing of information -- uncover all Pros & Cons conduct research so ultimately we can make our choices based on knowledge / facts ---- Thanks -- John from Colfax NC --- F250 FX4 6.0 Diesel Auto Trans Model Yr 2006
Hello all

Currently researching Oil BY-PASS filtration system for BOTH Engine oil & Transmission and wanted to get your / forum members experience / knowledge PLUS recommendation of an Engine Oil By-Pass system --- that if you were to purchase one today which one would you choose & why ?

-And as you all are surely aware many are offered on the open market

-Just to name a few
Amsoil Single
( AMK02 - Red colored unit )
For F250 Model Yr2006 Diesel 6.0 Auto transmission 5R110

Premo By-Pass

NOS Frantz

FleetGuard

Raycor ( OilGuard )

FS2500 By-Pass

At present I am leaning heavily towards the FS-2500 By-Pass filtration system web link = www.fs2500.com

As always many thanks for your upfront experiences / recommendations / support in selecting By-Pass filtration system

John from Colfax NC

Hello all
-Placed my order for By-Pass filtration system today ( Engine & Transmission )
-After a lengthy discussion with FS2500.com point of contact ( POC ) Randy Fields
-Randy took the time to go over every detail / question that I had
-Now try to find any other Vendor that would do that in today’s fast paced world
-Plus Randy returned my e-mail inquiry
-Again customer focused on satisfying even a small fish like me
-I also appreciated his straight forward approach
-Tell it like it is without all of the marketing hype
-I am a technical type of person and need to view the technical details to back-up the Marketing claims
-Also selected FS2500 due to fact this is their Core business ( Filtration Systems )
-They started with the heavy equipment buyers and branched into the Diesel market after one of the Heavy equipment buyers processed a large order and desired / requested Randy and the technical Team develop a By-Pass filtration system / product for the 50 diesel Vehicles they were purchasing new
-Also liked the independent oil analysis labs performing same --- NOT in house
-Plus it is NOT based on the Toilet paper or paper towel method of filtration --- its based on a propriety patent filter that they also make in house and have total quality control over --- no passing the buck --- They take in from soup to nuts
-The same filter is universal ( Engine & Transmission ) so don’t have to stock up on different filters. ---- now the Kits ( Engine & Transmission ) are unique to each vehicle --- plus they ask you what oil currently using and provide you a Baseline then implement the FS2500 and follow the oil analysis program of your choosing --- they have one that offer thru an outside test lab --- but I didn’t get any pressure from Randy if I chose to go with any other Testing laboratory
-As we all are fully aware the automotive industry doesn’t want any consumer type vehicle ( Like an F250 Diesel ) to run without failure --- They are in the business to sell us a replacement vehicle plus to service our vehicles so they desire failures.

-So in closing respectfully requesting all forums members that view this e-mail thread
-To conduct your own detailed investigation comparing all other competitors By-pass filtration systems to the FS2500 --- based on the technical information I have been able to gather from all offerings I personally believe the FS2500 is the best as of today’s date
-New advancements will continue to take place
-I point blank inquired with Randy about this very subject
-A year or so down the road if the FS2500 team comes up with a better filter ---will be compatible with the system I purchased today --- The answer was yes the technical team makes every effort to design backward compatible products
-Plus provide enhancements to existing product like the Filler tube return versus the Oil pan
-Then report back to Forum with your conclusion
-In my humble viewpoint we have an investment to protect
-So the dollars spent upfront will provide ROI at resale to potential buyer
-Or if potential buyer doesn’t view the need I will remove system and transfer to NEW vehicle
-Plus if I desire to keep truck and run it well over 250K miles
-I know that I have done all steps to increase my chances of doing so
-Without major Engine or Transmission failures
-Just my two cents worth
-Hopefully other Forums members will benefit from this thread / subject matter
-Its all about our collective sharing of information freely that makes all the difference

Many thanks in advance
John from Colfax NC

Hello all

Missed adding statement on my earlier web forum submittal
-Another factor that I considered into equation prior to making my final selection of By-Pass filtration system was FS2500.com has been in the Filtration only business ( Core product line ) for 13 yrs
-Plus they make enhancements to existing product line
-Backward compatible new filters in future

Totally don't mean to sound like a sales rep for FS2500 --- but I researched all BY-Pass filtrations systems currently on market and it's hands down FS2500 was the best plus had the independent technical data to back it up with

Hope this helps other Forum members

It's all about freely sharing of our thoughts / experiences that make any web forum valuable / powerful .... and I totally find this web forum of tremendous value

Thanks in advance as always for your return web submittal's -- both positive and negative --- collectively we need to uncover them all so we can make informed decisions .

Wishing all a great upcoming New Year holiday

John from Colfax NC

Figured I would add following to earlier e-mail forum thread

Per the FS2500 CD they mention Oshkosh Trucks implementing the FS2500 filtration system.

Now Oshkosk Trucks is a CUSTOM facility that takes the best parts from a wide variety of manufacturers / vendors ( Engines, Transmissions, Axles, etc and then custom design's & assemble the required product for client -- without doubt I am most certain they conducted their own internal in-depth engineering analysis and then select products best suited for each unique project.

One of those clients is the US Military and being I have a Military background plus worked on certifying material within the commercial sector to be allow to be installed aboard US Navy ships I have first hand experience the testing the product must go thru ( MIL-SPEC testing Shock, Vibration, High & low Temp, Humidity etc ) and must gain certification to be authorized to be even allow to offer / market product to client --- The MIL-SPEC testing is an extreme testing program.

Now I don't know what FS2500 had to do to get their filter systems authorized to be installed on Truck Vehicles -- but just knowing that they have been selected over the other manufacturers speak's for itself.

Only the best for our Men & Women in uniform protecting our great nation and interests abroad --- when I learn of this fact that was the final nail that I needed in my selection of FS2500 --- plus I like supporting any manufacturer that provides products to our US Military .

Take a look see at the Oshkosh Trucks web link
Cool web site
http://www.oshkoshtruck.com

John from Colfax NC

Good morning all

Figured I would provide an update on the FS2500.com by-pass diesel engine filtration system.

Installed yesterday evening - January 5, 2008 ( Saturday )

From start to finish taking my time --- and for once reading the Documentation in every detail plus reviewing the detailed color digital photo's ( Most helpful ) took about 4 hours --- with of course breaks with my beverage of choice

Recommend following
-Lay out a white towel on work bench
-Then cut open plastic package lay all parts on towel so all items are easy to view
-Conduct inventory
-Get as much lighting as possible for under vehicle and into front engine compartment so can view how all the cables route
-Follow the step by step details contained within FS2500 package ( Must admit a nice step by step instruction package )
-However I would ADD a step to tape off both ends of the hoses with duck tape to prevent any junk / dirt etc from getting into hose ends while routing them down and under vehicle to mount to FS2500 filter kit assembly.
-Also tape both ends of one of the hoses so when you are ready to install / connect them all at each end --- you will know what hoses is what --- two hoses gets routed to underneath vehicle ( In and Out ) of FS2500
-Would highly recommend going with the return line going to Oil Filler tube versus return to oil pan ( In kit they provide you the filler tube metal adapter ) be sure to use plenty of Teflon tape on all connections except on the connector tappered ends
-On my Model Year 2006 F250 Fx4 the skid plate is installed from factory so rather than drilling into truck rail I bend a simple bracket and used the skid plate as my mounting then used drill template from Kit for mounting of FS2500 to home made bracket --- with this approach I was able to drill all holes at the drill press --- plus if you do decide to drill into Truck frame rail EXTREME caution need be taken due to on back side of frame rail -- fuel tubes and other electrical wiring routing .
-Even if you don't have the Transfer case protection skid plate the holes should still be their from factory --- just bend you a rather heavy duty piece of metal and mount to existing drilled holes --- the FS2500 filter assembly is quite heavy and well built / heavy duty without doubt .
-Also pre-assemble all your connections to the FS2500 canister on the workbench ---- I found that I needed to run the connector in and out to get the threads to insert deep enough into assembly to give me that warm and fuzzy --- simple procedure just use oil and screw in and out a couple times
-Then wipe clean wrap with Teflon Tape use plenty it can't hurt
-Once I had the mounting bracket idea and the FS2500 Mounted it was a simple tear off the duck tape look for cables identified as IN
-Here again follow the directions that comes with kit on connecting the fittings to FS2500 and all other final fittings --- coat with oil then hand screw until tight --- then use wrench to snug up -- don't over do it.
-Tie wrap as required
-Double check no left over parts on workbench
-Start truck
-Look for leaks
-Take her for a drive at interstate speed to get all up to normal operating temperature
-Come on back to shop and double check again for no leaks
-Top off your oil being the FS2500 took a quart

All in all a very smooth / straight forward install project

Without doubt I would highly recommend this By-pass filtration kit -- all parts complete / clear simple detailed instructions and a well built unit.

I personally am most pleased --- just another one of those preventative maint measures that will pay off BIG time in my humble viewpoint in the long run / term for long life of Diesel Engine running clean oil that has been filtered via by-pass filter PLUS the Full flow .

Hope this helps all forum members a bit

Have a great one

John from Colfax NC

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7