Bronco performance

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a trip to the pump yesterday, I was tickled and just had to tell somebody. New milage record for the Bronco - 18.5 Nothing fantastic I know, but 8.5 MPG better than before I got my hands on it. This is approaching what I was hoping for. Once I settle on axles, and get some aluminum rims and 33" tires, I think I can do even better. Now that the weather is warm, I can run with the windows down comfortably, and really enjoy that sound. Makes me want to hum "The Cars - moving in stereo". :D

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18.5!!! Nothing Great!!! Geez I'd kill for 18.5!! Well not kill but I'd really really love it if I got anywhere near that!! :D

Congrats!!! ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
18.5!!! Nothing Great!!! Geez I'd kill for 18.5!! Well not kill but I'd really really love it if I got anywhere near that!! :D

Congrats!!! ;Sweet
I second that Eric! :backoff
I'd be happy with 16 round town, If'n I ever get the truck formerly know as Goldie back together. :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis, I'm accumulating a bunch of WMO. I hope to start burning it once I have a solid base line, and a "processing plant".

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Not going to use old french fries? I have been and it works pretty good... Makes my exhaust smell funny...

pafixitman

Reaction score
I tried a gallon of WMO in my rear tank that had about 10 gallons of #2.

My son walked out and said "Dad, your truck stinks, why does it not smell like a diesel? It smells like an old junker!" My wife complained also. I then fessed up. Her reply was "I don't know how much it saves you, but it is not worth it. I ride in the truck I want to smell diesel." :confused:

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
pafixitman said:

My son walked out and said "Dad, your truck stinks, why does it not smell like a diesel? It smells like an old junker!" My wife complained also. I then fessed up. Her reply was "I don't know how much it saves you, but it is not worth it. I ride in the truck I want to smell diesel." :confused:

:rotflmao :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that is one negative for sure. Should keep people off your tail though. LOL

Exekiel69

Reaction score
pafixitman said:

I did thought it would be good to burn that on mine, even though I produce a good amount of wmo. I'm filtering wvo now and will see if it is any better fo the engine, but I'm sure it will make Me hungry every time I get near the stacks.

BigNorm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18.5 huh? You're making me reconsider using one of these. I'm thinking I might be running 45mph though with my gearing. Currently I hit around 55 at3000 rpm running my 5.13s. What do you think that would equate to with the 6.9? Sorry for the hijack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online