Brake problems on my truck HELP

ajd257

Reaction score
Ok, this isnot necessarily a diesel problem but I dont know who else to ask so here goes. Last night I was towing a stock trailer and as I approached a stop sign my trailer brakes failed. At the same time, my ABS light in the dash began to blink, because I was almost home and not that heavy I just took the cattle on home and parked the truck. Today I found fuse 13 blown so I put a new one in but as soon as I hit the pedal it blew the new one. It doesnt have anything to do with my trailer brake controller either (i dont think) because after the truck blew the new fuse I unplugged my controller and put a second new fuse in and tried it (we all have our moments right?) Second fuse blew just as quick as the first one. The real kicker is, the truck will not go into gear because it is not recognizing the fact that I am pushing the brake pedal, so this small problem leaves my truck immobile. If anyone has any ideas regarding what I need to replace I would really appreciate it. Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts here.

Unplug your trailer and try it again.

If that doesn't fix it try taking your trailer wiring harness out of the loop (unplug it from the factory harness in the rear of the pickup...follow your trailer wiring harness to the factory wire harness). I've had to replace three of those things on my '90.

Let us know what you find out.

Paul

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Check all brake/tail lights for short to ground as well...FORK's are notorious for causing glitches over faulty tail/brake lights ---ESP when you have an auto.......

Just fer S+G....see if the fuse pops with only the brake controller energised, NOT the truck brake pedal.....

:popcorn

ajd257

Reaction score
yeah I got it, It was a short in a brake light that was popping the fuses, thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online