Brake Issue

91FORD7.3

Reaction score
The brake pedal needs to be pushed all the way to the floor for the truck to stop. It will not hold brake fluid, even when I add fluid to temporarily drive it, the pedal still needs to go down all the way and it takes a while to come to a complete stop. Just wanted to get some info before I take it to get repaired. Thanks in advance.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mine was doing this as well before it got parked cause of the throw out bearing. It was getting kinda annoying, I would have to pump the brakes for it to stop sometimes. I'm thinking the brake master cylinder is going.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Check for leaks on the lines especially along the left frame rails and the rear wheel cylinders.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I did a rear wheel seal on an 88 super-duty today, it was tempting not to "borrow" the hydroboost setup...LOL....An old firewood truck, pretty heavy duty I must say.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
all my f150s had good brakes, but ford put a screwy setup on these trucks. You may or may not have brakes, at any given time. this has been my experiece with the brakes on these trucks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry your experience hasn't been typical. With proper maintainance, they seem to work great. :dunno A lot of folks get behind the 8 ball, and try to do things one piece at a time. Spend the money, and rebuild a 4 corners, and replace the lines and booster. You'd be good for a long long time then. Go Motorcraft on the parts too. The chain stores just want to sell you cheap stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online