brake bleeding...

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear pads are good and they are adjusted correctly.

Besides undoing the connection for the rear brake lines at the master I didn't touch anything else. i will bleed the rear brakes tomorrow and see if that helps. It is the front brakes and lines that are all new.

Can the RABS cause a problem like this?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
The rear pads are good and they are adjusted correctly.

Besides undoing the connection for the rear brake lines at the master I didn't touch anything else. i will bleed the rear brakes tomorrow and see if that helps. It is the front brakes and lines that are all new.

Can the RABS cause a problem like this?

Sure, if the RABS gets air in it, it can be just like air anywhere in the system. It's got a bleeder on it, you should bleed it. In my opinion, any time you open any fitting on the system, then it's going to introduce air. If you haven't bled the rears yet, I'd almost guarantee that's where the air is...

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, a little update. I have run almost a gallon of fluid through the front lines and still had a poor pedal, so I put a plug in the out port of the RABS to eliminate the rear brakes. when I did that I got a killer pedal, it was firm and didn't sink.

this makes me believe that there is a problem with the rear brakes, any thoughts?

it seems as though I was able to get all the air out of the front lines which is a good step.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
ok, a little update. I have run almost a gallon of fluid through the front lines and still had a poor pedal, so I put a plug in the out port of the RABS to eliminate the rear brakes. when I did that I got a killer pedal, it was firm and didn't sink.

this makes me believe that there is a problem with the rear brakes, any thoughts?

it seems as though I was able to get all the air out of the front lines which is a good step.

Did you bleed the rears?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
by golly we have brakes!!!!!! once I isolated the front brakes from the back brakes I found out the front was fine it was the rear that was giving me trouble.

I bled the ***** out of the rear lines and air bubble after air bubble. I was finally able to get a firm pedal and they work really well now.

thanks for yalls help, and whoever will be at the rally I will see you soon. ;Sweet

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
by golly we have brakes!!!!!! once I isolated the front brakes from back brakes I found out the front was fine it was the rear that was giving me trouble.

I bled the ***** out of the rear lines and air bubble after air bubble. I was finally able to get a firm pedal and they work really well now.

thanks for yalls help, and whoever will be at the rally I will see you soon. ;Sweet

Cool, glad they work. One thing to think about installing sometime is a residual valve on the rear brake line. The rear wheel cylinders will eventually leak, and are more prone to leak when they have zero pressure on them, or so I've read. The residual valve holds like 5-10 psi on the cylinders to keep them from leaking, and if they do leak keeps air out.