bought a trailer, pics!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
bought a homeade 18 ft trailer. built pretty stout for what it is. i dont like how the ramps are mounted and the fact its a pintle hitch but it will do for now. needs a little tlc but pulls good.

pics!

You must be registered for see images attach

loaded down on the 2nd day!

You must be registered for see images attach

i know i know its chevy pulling it, but the idi needs new batteries and the exhaust ran

askikr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I have a single axle 3500lb capacity trailer. Hoping to upgrade to something like this that has the capability to haul a vehicle now that I have a f-250 diesel. Do you mind asking how much it set you back?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Is that even legal too haul something like that on the road down there?cookoo

What winch is on the front?

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt it, at the minimum I would think he would at least need a net over it. But I have seen worse at the scrap yard come in. It always amazes me at what people try to do, like stacking 3 cars high on a 16 foot car trailer. Thats exactly why the DOT has started to post undercover vehicles around the yards entrance now.

Ever since I saw an accident where a tire blew on a trailer from being seriously overloaded and it killed 3 people, I no longer mess around and do everything to the tee.

WilltheThrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a trailer I traded for with this rim axel set up and they are tough. I have hauled everything with this trailer and weekly for the last 7-8 years the trailer hauls 1000gal of water from the well to the house, 3 mile round trip on a nasty dirt road. the only problems I have ever had is wile running tires with to low of air pressure. even dry rotted and tread comming apart when they hold air they are good.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Nice. I have a single axle 3500lb capacity trailer. Hoping to upgrade to something like this that has the capability to haul a vehicle now that I have a f-250 diesel. Do you mind asking how much it set you back?

traded around and ended up with $150 in it

Holy Crap, I'm glad I wasn't following you down the road with my wife on the Bike!

it was all strapped down just not in this pic

What winch is on the front?

:dunno never had a problem hauling scrap like this, 45 mph the whole way LOL theres a whole car underneath the pile, another whole car tore into pieces, and misc. scrap. o and dont forget about the cornpicker sticking out of the back :D

no idea on the winch, doesnt work anyways, it didnt come with the trailer even though its still mounted on there. :rolleyes:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks like you need at least 4' high sides. You really cant properly strap down a bunch of loose pieces like that correctly