Borg Warner IP.... Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are an idi community and yes Opionions will be had and I'm sure other would agree that people like yourself destroy these trucks and parts ad scrap them. Thanks to people like you i have been looking for that ip for along time but hey that's life people throw away gold. Unless its destroyed by WMO i would not buy a new ip lol you fix what you got. These trucks are we're not made in 2012 the parts are not meant to be thrown away there meant to be fixed and put back to use. And as for your answer I believe we answered it fix your pump lol

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep my cool on this. I didn't create this thread to sell anything. So keep your opinions about what I do with my stuff to your self. Its none of your business what I do with it.

I'm new to this site and this engine. I bought the pump before I knew any probelms others were haveing. coming across threads when I was searching for threads to remove and install I came across other members having problems with auto part store IP's. Thus why I created this thread. So like I said...if you don't have any information to help me with my question then please stay out

I completely agree.

You may as well buy a Moose pump, and the return line kit. Later, go for the bb code injectors. You'll need to install a exhaust temperature gauge just to be sure you don't melt your pistons ;Sweet

Then you'll need to time the pump after the install. This is what I have done.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are an idi community and yes Opionions will be had and I'm sure other would agree that people like yourself destroy these trucks and parts ad scrap them. Thanks to people like you i have been looking for that ip for along time but hey that's life people throw away gold. Unless its destroyed by WMO i would not buy a new ip lol you fix what you got. These trucks are we're not made in 2012 the parts are not meant to be thrown away there meant to be fixed and put back to use. And as for your answer I believe we answered it fix your pump lol

I don't think he, nor many of us, knows how to rebuild the pump. He simply wants his truck to run properly.

So how much is my old pump worth that's sitting on my bench? ;Really

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blind Driver is your pump a stock turbo pump? I see you have a 92 idi but was curious if that is the IP you have sitting on the shelf. The turbo IP has a bit bigger plungers for higher fuel flow on a modified engine.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a turbo ip with the screw you tell me how much pm me I've been lookin for this pump for awhile and lookin hard eBay junk yards forums and so on. Ran into many rude people that scrap this stuff some guy swore that I was crazy and the money I was offering was fake haha so he scraped it. Many people who own these trucks just to drive them into the ground for work and so one which is fine but I see these trucks as a split window corvette there history and I tend to want to put these trucks in the history books. Also to encourage people who are in the market for a truck to buy one. Why because there cool pieces of history that are easy to work on and you can get one heck of a BANG for your buck. They can be had for nothing. (Anyways all let it go and let this thread get back on track.) (Please don't scrap a piece of our trucks unless it's useless!)

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blind Driver is your pump a stock turbo pump? I see you have a 92 idi but was curious if that is the IP you have sitting on the shelf. The turbo IP has a bit bigger plungers for higher fuel flow on a modified engine.

How would I tell the difference? Any external clues? All I know is that it's a rebuild from International Fuel systems.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep my cool on this. I didn't create this thread to sell anything. So keep your opinions about what I do with my stuff to your self. Its none of your business what I do with it.

I'm new to this site and this engine. I bought the pump before I knew any probelms others were haveing. coming across threads when I was searching for threads to remove and install I came across other members having problems with auto part store IP's. Thus why I created this thread. So like I said...if you don't have any information to help me with my question then please stay out
That is the most derogitory remark (Adjective: Showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.) I've seen on this OB forum in a long time.

BW pumps are NO good, take that for what it's worth.

Now on the other hand. WHY you wouldn't sell your core to another member is beyond comprehension, ( the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding), when they are willing to pay more then the core charge plus the cost of shipping. That my friend, back in a minute , bad electrical storm here,

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it back and order one from here...They have no core charge.

http://pensacoladiesel.com/

And get your turbo pump rebuilt

Another lackluster rebuilder.

That is the most derogitory remark (Adjective: Showing a critical or disrespectful attitude.) I've seen on this OB forum in a long time.

BW pumps are NO good, take that for what it's worth.

Now on the other hand. WHY you wouldn't sell your core to another member is beyond comprehension, ( the act or action of grasping with the intellect : understanding), when they are willing to pay more then the core charge plus the cost of shipping. That my friend, back in a minute , bad electrical storm here,

He's new here ;Really

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would highly recommend not using the bw pump or the pensacola, 50-50 chance of failure, you should have a good pump shop there somewhere and if downtime is a problem, figure out a way to work around it. A proper rebuild is worth every penny, , last one I had done was 575.00 from the shop I use and the customer is very happy after trying 6 different generic rebuilds.

And the turnaround time is about a week. I may have a loaner if you want to change one twice and have my guy rebuild it properly.

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blind Driver the serial number is best or there is a screw on they left side looking at it for extra adjustment

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blind Driver the serial number is best or there is a screw on they left side looking at it for extra adjustment
That screw on the Left is called a torque adjustment, backing it out, allows more fuel in the low RPM range. IIRC.

Storm has passed now, it was a doozy.

Attachments

• DVC01408.JPG
    DVC01408.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 98

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
And this thread gentlemen, is why THIS forum is DYING!

a new guy comes on here asking about the quality of the pump he just bought, the first two responses he got have NOTHING to do with his question. they are being DISRESPECTFUL and extremely pushy. the OP clearly stated that that his old IP was not for sale. whether or not he wants to sell his old ip or any other part for these trucks is his own business. you guys call him out on being disrespectful and rude, yet you essentially call him stupid for not wanting to sell his old IP to somebody on here. this thread is still young and there are already two EXTREMELY hypocritical posts.

Devon, maybe if you would have asked nicely if he was interested in selling his old pump he would have considered it, but no you had to come in and be a ****** bag and say, "hey idiot, give/sell me your old IP or else you are aiding in the destruction of the idi. whata ya know another self centered person in this world.:idiot::flipa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online