"BOOB" Express help maybe???

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya I am in contact with the seller .....

I am hoping that someone will chime in and might be able to help out with moving it to WA perhaps....it's a 1000m round trip for me to pick it up....kinda expensive for travel for a cheap ole sled that may not run...

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Riot,
I am in Eugene, maybe 30 miles north of Cottage Grove. I'd be happy to go down & pick it up but I have nothing planned for any trips north of me in the foreseeable future. We've got quite a few Oregon guys on here. Anybody further north than Eugene headed this way anytime soon? Any guys heading further north?

I checked with my girls about horse shows up in the Portland area (only reason I ever drive the beast that far) and there's nothing coming up any time soon.

Let me know.....
Mike

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riot,
I am in Eugene, maybe 30 miles north of Cottage Grove. I'd be happy to go down & pick it up but I have nothing planned for any trips north of me in the foreseeable future. We've got quite a few Oregon guys on here. Anybody further north than Eugene headed this way anytime soon? Any guys heading further north?

I checked with my girls about horse shows up in the Portland area (only reason I ever drive the beast that far) and there's nothing coming up any time soon.

Let me know.....
Mike
Well that would be a start for now. It's not that I am in a rush to get it too me, it's a matter of having it picked up and then perhaps shipped?

I have had a real hard time with finding a company that can ship something like that. Maybe you could see if it can be shipped from your location??

At this point right now I have been hounding the seller to email me more pictures with no response thus far. It looks like a good unit for rebuild and such though I am not certain and shelling out that much with such little info is probably a bad idea as far as I am concerned.

I'll keep ya posted and let you know what I find out.
Thanks..
Al:D

wrsainio

Reaction score
I don't want to discourage you as I wanted one for years and finally got one for "free" about 5 years ago. I now have close to $5000 in it. New tracks
$500 ea, re-built bogies about $500.New crank,pistons and carb etc about $1000. Paint,fiberglas and upholstery work another $500, but that one looks a little better than mine did originally. Rebuilt elec starter and pull start. That 640 cc Rotax is a real bear to pull over manually when it is 20 below. New battery , lights and wiring, can't remember how much. Little things like kill switch , dimmer switch, ignition switch, throttle and brake cables, brake pads.
My biggest problems have been the clutches. Driven clutch wasn't bad but engine clutch is unavailable new unless you are willing to forego the elec start. I bought a new old power block last summer but it doesn't fit. Lots of little things like axle bearings and seals. That thing has 32 bearings for just the bogies alone. I thought I could do it for $2000 but once you get into a project it is hard to know where to quit. Probably would do it again but would want one with a 503 and lo-hi range transmission. This one would regularly pull 2 sleighs with a total of 5 ,45/55 gal barrels of fuel and av gas so it does the job. I am in Thunder Bay On Can so no help in getting it for you. Just felt I shold give you the "benefit " of my experience. Good Luck, Wilf.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey "wrsainio" thanks for the info. I know these are not "Cheap" machines to rebuild by any stretch of the imagination. More or less I am looking for one to play with and get some ideas for something about 5 years into the future. I have looked hi and low locally with no luck what so ever....Seems they are like proverbial "Hens Teeth" few and very far between.

If I could find a decent runner I would likely pick it up as long as it's not some thing of "Restored Show Quality" which I have run up against a few times and people are asking upwards of 5K for those ones...NOT that important to me...

Well thanks again...and if you do come across a cheap ole beater let me know K

wrsainio

Reaction score
Well mine is definitely never going to be in a show. It is definitely a working machine. It is my idea of a poor mans skidder. But parts are fairly expensive and lots of them. All I wanted was reliable and to not have to be working on it all the time.I still think you are better off with a 503 and the 2 speed transmission. There are even some with a 3 speed. I only saw one of those.
This machine is same category as my 86 6.9, not fast but it never stops. good luck Wilf.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online