Block Heater

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well you need to drain the block and the radiater. If the coolant block drains still has the factory plugs in it your looking at a mess. they usually are very tuff to remove. then you install pet ***** just like found on the radiaters. Its commonly refered to as the Okie Block Drains. A member here some time back made this name up. His signon name was Okiegringo. He lived in Mexico for some time. moved back to the sates finally. Has not been on here is many years. someone here knows him personally too. but anyway once you remove the plugs and drain the block from the cylinder wall drains its not a hard job ro replace the heater. As for leaks with aftermatket heaters. Have not seen any posts like that. Installing them you want to place the probe verticle between the cylinders. don't let it touch the cylinders. Not much more to it really.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's an awesome price. there normally on ebay around $69.00. I might have to get one at that price for a spare

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
that's an awesome price. there normally on ebay around $69.00. I might have to get one at that price for a spare

At least around here you can buy them from the parts stores in the low 50s (didn't open link)

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
gary, there is a Ebay and craigslist forum now. please put items you find for sale in these forums. it is located down near the marketplace.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Block heaters!? Hahahaha :) out in californy-way we dont use those.. even in tahoe ive started my diesels without them

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up about posting these items in the new forum. I had no idea we had another place to post. I was wondering why several of my posts were getting moved. Twas a pleasant surprise...:thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online