Biodiesel Question

pwjackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local coop sells B20 Biodiesel. I replaced my injector o-rings with the vitons and my return line hose is rated for B20 and down. Is there anything else that the B20 would damage on my truck if I ran straight B20??? Should I blend the B20 with regular diesel. I just want to run the Bio for lubrication purposes. I don't many miles at all on my truck, but recently replaced the fuel system and don't want to wear it out early. Thanks for the help.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B20 is generally accepted to be safe for use in all diesel vehicles. the 20% biodiesel will have negligible short term and minor long term affects on rubber. I run b20 when i am not running straight vegetable oil with no issues.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
B20 is already blended with 80% pure diesel. If you've already got vitons and B20 rated hose, your good! Even if you ran B99, you would still have to wait a few years to start to notice your rubber hoses going bad.

Just beware that biodiesel in any concentration is a good solvent, and it will disolve the wax and crud from your fuel system, and your filter will look like this...

Make sure to cary a spare, and you should be good to go! ;Sweet

Attachments

• Filter3.JPG
    Filter3.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Filter2.JPG
    Filter2.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 4

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
^agreed
You don't have to change any hoses to run B20.
Out here B20 is sold at service stations.
All the coops here sell B99.