Biodiesel and me

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
That's the way it's worked in the renewable energy industry as well!

Years ago all those wind turbines and solar panels were nothing more than novelties.

Now BP is one of the largest financial players in renewables...

Thanks for the info on biodiesel!

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the way it's worked in the renewable energy industry as well!

Years ago all those wind turbines and solar panels were nothing more than novelties.

Now BP is one of the largest financial players in renewables...

Thanks for the info on biodiesel!

The point about empowering people through decentralization is a good one. Lots of companies are now investing in wind and solar, but they are doing it with huge wind farms and solar farms. The reason these energy sources are so good is because each one of us can put them up in our back yard.
I have 2kw of solar panels in my yard that I use to sell power back to TVA. I keep the reliability of the grid while reducing (some months eliminating) my bill.
Biodiesel is the same way. As long as it can be made in a decentralized way and everyone can do it their is alot less corporate control. What corporations want to do with alternative energy (biodiesel, wind, solar etc) is make sure they are in control and we have to suck off their corporate teats.
Sorry for the off topic rant.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
The point about empowering people through decentralization is a good one. Lots of companies are now investing in wind and solar, but they are doing it with huge wind farms and solar farms. The reason these energy sources are so good is because each one of us can put them up in our back yard.
I have 2kw of solar panels in my yard that I use to sell power back to TVA. I keep the reliability of the grid while reducing (some months eliminating) my bill.
Biodiesel is the same way. As long as it can be made in a decentralized way and everyone can do it their is alot less corporate control. What corporations want to do with alternative energy (biodiesel, wind, solar etc) is make sure they are in control and we have to suck off their corporate teats.
Sorry for the off topic rant.

That's great that you've got solar at your place. I've built some inverter systems for off the grid homes, and I worked for a company for a while that installed home use wind turbines. It's great to see people making it work with out the corporate control.

You're absolutely right about their methods of control. The oil companies would love to get out of saudi arabia, if they could turn a pound of rapeseed into a gallon of diesel fuel they would be all over that!

bigguy22

bigguy22
Reaction score
When I first started using bio I had to change the once aweek for the first month. When back to regular filter changes. Stopped making bio because oil has been to hard to get. Bigger companys are paying for it .So its hard to get for free now