Best place to hook up guages???

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some guages for my truck this weekend and I am looking for the best spot to hook up them up at. I have a oil pressure guage and water temp guage, volt meter guage. (All mechanical) I can get the volt meter no problem but where did you guys hook up your oil and water temp. Just trying to get a good idea before putting a hole in my firewall.

joe_diesel

Reaction score
:dunno

You can get kits to install on the "A" piller, top of dash and center hump.

BTW, that is a good looking truck!

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, also my bad I should of said where is a good spot to hook them up on the motor. I have a place to mount them inside of the cab just not sure of the best spot to hook to the motor.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Take off your air breather and look down on the back side of the motor I think in the center and you will see a small round thing its your stock oil sensor remove it, you will want to put your oil pressure gauge there. As for your water Temp, up front on top of the driver side of the motor you will see two wires one down by the manifold and one just to the left of it this is the one you will want to put your water temp into, one is the water temp light and one is the pressure, just remember to drain your anti freeze so you down make a mess!

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking there earlier and didn't see anything but my return line for my turbo. Whats the sensor on the side of the turbo where the oil line hooks up. Is this my oil pressure sensor?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil pressure sensor on the turbo engines is in the "manifold" for the turbo oil feed.