Bench Seat Question

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I've heard super-cab seats don't work in reg/crew cabs and visa-verse. BUT, I've also read that a Benchseat from a supercab will swap with a Benchseat from a reg/crew cab, just not buckets

Here's my predicament, the front bench in my Crew Cab is worn, and I know of a really nice tan 50/50 bench out of a '94 F150 that's a pretty good match fabric-wise and is in great shape... Will it work? TIA

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wont work unless its a regular cab.for some stupid reason ford changed the floors in the extended cabs and broncos.i tried using buckets out of a bronco and an extended cab in my regular cab,wouldnt fit right.if you use a full bench out of an Xcab with your tracks i believe itll work.a regular cab seat will fit front and rear of your crew cab.you can also swap your front and rear seats as well.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
The SCab seats flip forward on each side. The Crew seats don't flip forward. The reg cab seat back flips forward in one piece.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I have a scab seat as the back seat in my crew. It works but the seat backs seem to lean farther back than the seat that was there (which is the front seat now) did and it won't set all the way back on the tracks.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I have a scab seat as the back seat in my crew. It works but the seat backs seem to lean farther back than the seat that was there (which is the front seat now) did and it won't set all the way back on the tracks.

So... It'll work for me to put in the supercab bench in the front of the crew cab?

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Yes it should bolt right in , i gave my original bench from my ex-cab to a friend and he bolted it into his reg cab 91 F-150

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the front seat out of an extended cab and bolted it my crew cab - which should be the same as a standard cab. The seat was an aftermarket setup, so the mounting points were bolted on. I made a new set of mounts - mainly to move the seat down and back, but also because the bolt pattern that fit the extended cab was slightly different. The front bolts are in an identical location, the rears on the EC were about 1" further back. I don't see any reason why you couldn't drill new holes for it, though.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I had this seat in the front before I decided to move the rear seat forward. It just bolted right up.
I did this before I had read on here that they are supposed to have different floor pans for the scab vs the crew or reg cabs.

tknomaj

Reaction score
the front seats that are bench have a bolt and lock in place to keep seat from tilting seat back forward . but the seatsfor a crew cab will bolt up front or rear . thesuper cab and bronco seat track have the ability to slide father forward for easier access for passenger to get in rear. But the seats are the same just change out the seat tracks and be well .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online