been a while..

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the downpipe will literally be a 3.5 inch piece of straight exhaust tubing running to the back, probably with a turn down.. anything more than that will be new owners responsibility (as far as putting muffler on exhaust to make it quieter) the turbo will probably get sheet metal to cover it from road debris. the oil supply will come off the tee up my the oil pressure gauge, ill use 3/8 aluminum fuel line down to the turbo and the last bit of it will the high pressure fuel line (wanted some play in the line, short rubber piece should work well) return will be a holley red pump (metal inside, see no major difference between that and the scavenge pumps,plus easily rebuildable if needed.. after the pump will be a check valve and the oil will drain back into a fuel block off plate i modified to fit into it, less height to pump and the pump will be low so it pumps better.. should have most of that done tomorrow just need few parts.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
worked on some of it yesterday.. have the turbo feed line finished, 3/8 aluminum fuel line to compression adapters then a quarter inch high pressure fuel line into the turbo.

as far as a return, its a few fittings to get it down to 3/8 to the holley red, then back up to a 1/2 inch check valve to a 3/8 barbed fitting. it will go from that fitting to more 3/8 hardline to a clear tube (former fuel filter, with filter removed) to verify oil is flowing, then to a fuel pump block off plate with hole that is threaded. here are some pics of what i have so far, hopefully tomorrow i can get return line finished, downpipe put on and maybe the wiring to the pump. the turbo coldside will probably be finished late next week. gotta get some 2.5 inch exhaust tubing for that. here is a picture

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 26

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I'm wanting to do a setup just like this. Please post as many pics as possible and how it works out! What kind of turbo is that? Thanks!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said it was a gt35 turbo and couldn't be sure what it came off of. I love these non kit projects, and I can sure appreciate the amount of work it took to make it happen.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
O ok didn't read it all haha I would love to see some boost numbers when this thing is completed!

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry it was actually a gt45 turbo.. same as the s400 turbo. search gt45 on ebay and youll see it.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is progress on truck, got a girlfriend so she is time consuming (but worth it) so been slow on truck.. anyway almost done, got the intercooler piping done, just need to wire up other pump and primem the oil system and tuck some piping away from exhaust.. test it and i should be done.. the intake piping is 2 45 degree turns about 2 ft of 3 inch tubing a 90 silicone 3.5 inch to 3 inch bend, a 45 degree silicone bend and a 2-3 silicone coupling.. here are pics.. its dark so not very good ones..

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 13

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new pics.. almost done.. very little to do and finish.. just test pump for oil and thats pretty much it.. and a turndown on exhaust..

Attachments

• 2011.jpg
    2011.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 17
  • 2012.jpg
    2012.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2015.jpg
    2015.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2018.jpg
    2018.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 14

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, ill get videos or try to.. im going to put it up for sale in next week or two for probably 2500 obo