Bean's stuff on the way!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
for a newbie that hasnt touched a PSD yet id say it would take you about 4 hours.any more than that and youve got issues!i doubt the injectors came from allient,but it is possible.but i know bean will ship injectors in whatever box he has at the moment to stuff them into.

Nope, not from Bean's. Shipping label reads Diesel Injection Service on Pepsi way in Windsor, MI & the packing slip reads Bill to Power Distributing - Alliant Power. Are these Not Bean's injectors or something? Why would they come from someone else if he's modifying them?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dunno bout that one thenunless he found a way to get his stage 1s cheaper to in turn sell to his customers for less

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'd like to find out where they came from, if Beans not doing the work himself, I more inclinded to buy some Swamps.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'd like to find out where they came from, if Beans not doing the work himself, I more inclinded to buy some Swamps.

I talked to Chris a few hours ago & asked him what was up. He said they are the right injectors & they have them drop shipped if you order new as opposed to remans. I guess remans come from Beans. He told me they are single shots used in the marine application of the T444E, high torque, high HP. We'll see. I'm putting them in this week/weekend. Exactly when depends on how fast I can un-mire myself from ******** paperwork:mad:

Sonnax kit came today too;Sweet . So did my CPS sensors. Damn truck won't run for more than 10 seconds-cuss . Oh, found a leak at the non-serviceable fitting on the HPOP too. Fun, fun, fun. I miss my IDI:D .

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I talked to Chris a few hours ago & asked him what was up. He said they are the right injectors & they have them drop shipped if you order new as opposed to remans. I guess remans come from Beans. He told me they are single shots used in the marine application of the T444E, high torque, high HP. We'll see. I'm putting them in this week/weekend. Exactly when depends on how fast I can un-mire myself from ******** paperwork:mad:

Sonnax kit came today too;Sweet . So did my CPS sensors. Damn truck won't run for more than 10 seconds-cuss . Oh, found a leak at the non-serviceable fitting on the HPOP too. Fun, fun, fun. I miss my IDI:D .

I forgot to mention the front cover, I think (was told) the front cover might be leaking too. Got wetness down the right front of the block & blowing back across the lip of the oil pan. Hope thats what I originally thought was my rear main seal. Also have the oil from the HPOP in the valley pan dripping down!! Do these things leak all over or is mine a ****? Everytime I spend some dough on go-go goodies I find another cruical problem:rolleyes:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by apextrans
You must be registered for see images attach

Fun, fun, fun. I miss my IDI:D .

HE HE HE......;Really:rotflmao:rotflmao:love:

Don't laugh too hard:backoff ......The Darkside is calling for you too.:moon: BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Do these things leak all over or is mine a ****?
You could just put a rag under it and pretend it's a Detroit 6-71

Everytime I spend some dough on go-go goodies I find another cruical problem:rolleyes:
Back to the serious side.......IMHO I think you should spend some quality time getting the truck back on track mechanically before spending any more on the go fast goodies. Go fast goodies on something that is'nt mechanically sound just hastens the demise and usually makes performance worse.

I'd like to put the goodies on the truck I bought too but it's not gonna happen until I'm satisfied that the engine is right, and the rest of the truck is 100%, and then it will be just 4" exhaust, Tymar intake, mild chip and possibly a Kelderman air ride for the rear.

I think you would be happier if you got it running right, dependable and it earned your trust back and then gave it some juice that you will be able to notice......discipline the bad dog and reward the good dog.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the latest stuff from swamps,i wouldnt recomend them to my worst enemy.i personaly seen an injector from them that came out of the box,installed in the truck and the top half of it was falling off!!!go to TDS and look for the GEN3 HPOP threads in those threads you will find a burnt truck due to an improper hose type and crimped on fitting.plus the bean powered trucks are makeing more power than the swamped trucks,been proven many times.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Back to the serious side.......IMHO I think you should spend some quality time getting the truck back on track mechanically before spending any more on the go fast goodies. Go fast goodies on something that is'nt mechanically sound just hastens the demise and usually makes performance worse.

I'd like to put the goodies on the truck I bought too but it's not gonna happen until I'm satisfied that the engine is right, and the rest of the truck is 100%, and then it will be just 4" exhaust, Tymar intake, mild chip and possibly a Kelderman air ride for the rear.

I think you would be happier if you got it running right, dependable and it earned your trust back and then gave it some juice that you will be able to notice......discipline the bad dog and reward the good dog.

I thought I was there to be honest. The CPS started Saturday & I was told here that's a common thing. Fixed that tonite. Saw the oil leak last nite when looking in at the CPS. When I brought it home I knew it had some small problems (oil leak, bad wheel,etc.) but I fixed what I found & haven't had any trouble until Saturday. The HPOP was looked over then & the non-servicable fitting was weeping but within acceptable Ford limits (which I think is a load of **** from Ford). Put a crank seal in & no more leaky for a while. The injectors tested poorly at that time, which is why my first upgrade was injectors. I killed 2 birds with one stone, fixed an existing problem while upgrading. I was told by Chris @ Beans that I had to do a chip with the injectors to make it run properly. Didn't want to spend that money then, but it's here & done & it would have happened down the road anyway. The Sonnax kit will hopefully prolong the tranny's lifetime & was inexpensive, so is that really a performance mod or preventitive maintainance? I only have a few other things on my list of upgrades I would like to do. Intake (which I'll make myself), gauges (which should be in there regardless of mods or not in my opinion) & exhaust.

I agree completely with what you're saying. It was a big chunk of money up front to get healthy & now it seems that it will take more with the HPOP leaking. I want it healthy first, but I'm also a firm believer in replacing bad parts with better stronger ones as they fail. What's ******* me off is the expensive **** is showing signs of failure, 1 after another. That's not really true either I guess. I just HATE oil leaks & these issues are leakers. It will drive me nuts until I get them stopped. Takes money away from other things I want to do. When I think all is good & spend the money something else goes south. My IDI did this to me too. I'm not trying to hop up a sick truck, just give it good medical attention. It's just unnerving to see another high dollar item with a problem after dropping alot of money on a different high dollar item.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the oil leaks,clean everything up top real good and watch it as its running.you may just have an Oring leaking on one of the gallery plugs(where the oil lines go into the heads)or an oring on the line fittings are leakingits not difficult to replace the lines and fittings on the HPOp to the 94-97 style non-swivel type wich will get rid of the non serviceable fittings on the HPOP

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see what you are doing, Kinda blew my mind when you jumped in neck deep and started on all this high dollar stuff right away.

Good news is that once the mechanicals are done right you should (cross fingers and knock on wood) be good for a while.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
for the oil leaks,clean everything up top real good and watch it as its running.you may just have an Oring leaking on one of the gallery plugs(where the oil lines go into the heads)or an oring on the line fittings are leakingits not difficult to replace the lines and fittings on the HPOp to the 94-97 style non-swivel type wich will get rid of the non serviceable fittings on the HPOP

The lines on the side are fine. It's the "nut" on the bottom left side of the pump that is wet a leaking into the valley pan. I don't think it's a line but I'm not sure. What is needed to change over? Would this mean not having to replace the pump?

tonkadoctor said:
I see what you are doing, Kinda blew my mind when you jumped in neck deep and started on all this high dollar stuff right away.

Good news is that once the mechanicals are done right you should (cross fingers and knock on wood) be good for a while.

yeah, I though you had read that in the other thread. I have 2 injectors completely dead on a cold start up & are taking longer & longer to come back to life. & 4 others operating at about 50% on the injector tests. Figured I should get them out while they all still work. Would have liked to start with some gauges & move up little bits at a time, but nothing like jumping in:moon:first!! The injector swap will also afford me the opportunity to replace glow plugs & such not knowing when they may have been touched, if ever. See.... healthy.:D

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lines on the side are fine. It's the "nut" on the bottom left side of the pump that is wet a leaking into the valley pan. I don't think it's a line but I'm not sure. What is needed to change over? Would this mean not having to replace the pump?

yes you can replace your lines and fittings with the 94-97 lines and fittings without replaceing or removeing the HPOP

wich "nut" are you talking about?in the picture i circled all the possible leak areas.the pump in the picture is gonna look a little different from yours cuz it is the front pump to my stealth HPOP system.

Attachments

• truck 028.jpg
    truck 028.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online