Baumann/ US Shift Controller

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had installed on my truck, for E4OD transmission, comes complete with wiring harness for that, CD to load onto your computer to control it, and cord to sync unit and a computer. In great shape, only used for about 2 months really before I had to park the truck a year ago. Only selling because I don't need it and plan to just part out the truck. New costs $800 from US shift, selling for $400 plus shipping

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
So how did it work and whats the big selling piont of a gizmo like this? Other than allowing an E4OD in a truck that didn't originally have one.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can basically fully customize your transmission. Shift points, line pressure all sorts of stuff. It acts as a diagnostic tool giving you an error codes, displaying trans temp, speed, rpm and all sorts of stuff. It's surprisingly really easy to use. I would drive down the road with the laptop and it would display in each time everything. It's really if you want to do a conversion, or want total control over the transmission

jhenegh

Reaction score
Ya i'm kicking around a zf swap when my E4OD dies, but if this thing can vastly improve an E4, then cookoo . I'm seriously thinking on it. It'd blow the current budget to hell, but I'll see what I can figure

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the cash it would not have been for sale this long. Always thought one of these would be slick on an e4od

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
The only real discussion I can remember about these units was lead by BajaGringo, probably on TDS. He was on OB briefly, disappearing in 2005 after he moved from Ensenada to Oklahoma and changing his name to BajaJeeper. If you can find that discussion you can learn a lot about these units.

Personally, I no longer venture onto TDS, have not in a long time. This is a far superior site, much more friendly and more knowledgeable.

jhenegh

Reaction score
Well I got it installed this weekend. Initially, it does shift a bit better. Time, and towing, will be the true test

Attachments

• IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6325.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6324.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG
    606.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6323.JPG
    IMG_6323.JPG
    636.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6322.JPG
    IMG_6322.JPG