Banks non-wastgated turbo Y Pipe question

CRMW

Reaction score
I have a Banks non-wastegated turbo with the big rectangular aluminium intake box that came off a 5sp truck. Banks tells me the y-pipes are different for the 5 spd & E4OD versions of the turbo.

Has anyone come across this? Can I make the y-pipe fit, or am I out $400 for a new one?

Thanks
Chris

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the opposite way with mine, I have a y-pipe from an E4OD truck on my 4 speed truck, with aboslutley no issues.
Best I can say is try it, you may need to modify it some, but, you probably won't be needing to buy a new one.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
CRMW said:
I have a Banks non-wastegated turbo with the big rectangular aluminium intake box that came off a 5sp truck. Banks tells me the y-pipes are different for the 5 spd & E4OD versions of the turbo.

Has anyone come across this? Can I make the y-pipe fit, or am I out $400 for a new one?

Thanks
Chris

Yep and yep.

Gonna have to have the up pipe basically redone frome the crossover up.:puke:

The bellhousings are slightly different between the two as the ZF bell is deeper that the E4OD.
I was fortunate enough to have the cab off the frame when I installed my system which made it a heck of alot easier to have my local exhaust shop refit it.

CRMW

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher

How much did it end up costing you to have the modifications done by the exhaust shop? My parts truck currently does not have a cab or front clip so they could use it to fab the up pipe. It was a cab & chassie, but I don't expect that shoul make a difference.

Chris

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher

How much did it end up costing you to have the modifications done by the exhaust shop? My parts truck currently does not have a cab or front clip so they could use it to fab the up pipe. It was a cab & chassie, but I don't expect that shoul make a difference.

Chris

Chris,

It cost me $100 to have them fab up the the up pipe and tie the down pipe into my existing exhaust.

Here's a link to a past post with photos.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To rehash an old topic, will a turbo y pipe from a 2wd C6 non-wastegated kit work on a 4wd c6? Looks like it would come awfully close, if not interfere with the front drive-shaft.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't say for sure, but I'd be surprised if they were any different.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
is this how the exhaust is run on for a 94' turbo to be mounted on a 91?

Tha Banks kit I got was originally for an E4OD trans setup. If ya have a banks setup that's pretty close to what they look like. The ATS plumbing IIRC is similar.