Attention Colorado IDI'ers

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I have been noticeably absent from the forums for many months due to some ongoing personal medical issues and a greatly increased workload at my job. My apologies for lack of participation.

However, it has come time to ask a favor of the brotherhood.

As many of you that have been around for awhile know, my daughter is in her second year at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Up to this point she has not been allowed to have a car. Well in their third year, cadets are allowed to have vehicles. So in a couple months she will be coming home to retrieve her '91 IDI to take back to school with her.

I've done a lot of work to it and it's in pretty good shape. It runs like a champ. However, since Dad (mechanic) will be 400 miles away, I need someone that she can call on if she has a mechanical emergency or routine servicing that comes due. I don't want her to take it to some shop that has no idea about these trucks or is going to stick it to her with repair costs.

I guess what I'm asking for is someone in the C. Springs area that has the IDI knowledge, tools, and space to help her if the need arises. She will always show up with a case of your favorite beverage and will be responsible for whatever parts may be needed.

Some of you may be thinking cool. A good looking military chick that likes diesel trucks, guns, sports, and outdoors recreation! I hate to say it, but the pappa bear in me has to say don't go there. :rotflmao I just need piece of mind that she has someone that can help her out if need be. Besides, she's well trained at hand to hand and is actually pretty good at it.:eek:.

So if there is anyone in the Colorado Springs area that can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you Tom :cheers:

Also glad to see Stormy staying in the family;Sweet

Colorado Springs is a good hitch from Neckville and the tug I'm currently on or I would be more than glad to provide what I could.

Best to you and yours!

....BTW....don't be such a stranger:D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom, great to hear from you. It's also good to hear your daughter is doing well in the AF Academy. I know you're proud of her!;Sweet

The only OB guy that I know of in Colorado is BJ Hood (hoodshauler). He's a great guy, but for the life of me I can't remember where he is in CO exactly. IIRC, he's in the Denver area.

Send him a PM

Heath

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may be thinking cool. A good looking military chick that likes diesel trucks, guns, sports, and outdoors recreation! I hate to say it, but the pappa bear in me has to say don't go there. :rotflmao I just need piece of mind that she has someone that can help her out if need be. Besides, she's well trained at hand to hand and is actually pretty good at it.:eek:.

My impression from the brotherhood so far is that even with our younger members the papa bear in you won't have much to worry about ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was just thinking about BJ too. He knows these trucks and motors. I recall he pulled and installed several motors in pepermint over a short period of time. Seems he got some bad motors that were said to be great runners... It does happen... P.S... Hes a great guy and very honest and trustworthy too...:D

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up in the Denver area, and my family owns a parts store in south Denver. I'll put some feelers out on quality shops in the Springs for ya and let you know.

Btw, to save some aggravation tell her to leave the truck registered in NM. The emission laws in Colorado are unforgiving.

starmilt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it is ok to say this on here. You might also post this on the fte sight, if IIRC there is a member on the idi site from the springs, most if not all should not mind helping someone in the military and they are generally a great bunch of guys over there too.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
....BTW....don't be such a stranger:D

geo

Don't try to be. I was off work for a few months on medical leave, which is my internet time. Since I've been back, our workload has increased 4X so I only pop in every couple of weeks to check for messages. Haven't had much time to contribute.

Tom

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm in Longmont, a good 1.5 hours away. I cannot pull an engine or rebuild it but can do most of the routine stuff and work on fuel systems. I would be happy to help however i can. Dad of a gorgeous blonde - I understand...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online