Ats kit and turning up the injector pump

deadeyeb

Reaction score
The Ats upgrade kit I got for my 94 turbo said to remove the plastic cover on the back of the pump and turn it 3 times counter clockwise . I did this and didn't see to much difference. Does anybody know what that screw does or how to get more fuel into motor. The inter cooler made a big difference in exhaust temps while pulling my camper long uphill pulls rarely reach 1050.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm guessing this is a "G" style turbo injection pump with the fuel adjustment screw. If you turned it 3 flats it SHOULD make more fuel...unless you turned it the wrong direction by accident.... I don't know much about the turbo pumps but on all other DB2 pumps that same screw is internal to the pump and you have to pull the triangular cover on the side of the pump and turn it up. Can't say I know what direction since I haven't messed with mine. You know you have a bit of room to play with those EGT temps if you don't mind watching the pyro. I guess you could turn it up a couple more flats and then see where you are. 1050 with a TT on hills is really good but that probably means that empty you aren't even hitting 750 unless you really stand on it.

Headerpower

Reaction score
I have my old Ip apart on the bench right now, and can tell you that that external screw, only found on the late model IPs is a max stop for the metering valve only, the internal screw under the pass side diamond cover is a screw that adjusts the spring that limits the travel of the high pressure plungers, turning it in allows the plunger to deliver more fuel, as the pistons achieve more displacement at max travel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online