ATS 093 Crossover Pipe Missing - Flanges?

apt403

Reaction score
Hey all - I've got a line on an ATS turbo. Not sure if it's the 093, but it came off a 92 7.3 so I'm assuming that's what it is. There's a couple issues - The crossover pipe is missing, and its lacking gaskets, grommets, all he said was "the rubber parts". I think everything else is there, no shaft play. The guy who's got it planned on putting it on a donor motor, but ended up sinking the money into a Powerstroke instead. Told him I'd search around for the availability of the parts and get back to him tomorrow.

Now, I know I can get the crossover pipe bent by a muffler shop, but what about the flanges? Are those standard exhaust parts?

How about the "rubber parts"? Seems like the gaskets are hard to come by, but those can be made. O-rings I assume can be found. From looking at the parts diagram for the 093, seems like the only hard part would be the oil drain grommet. Any suggestions there?

I'm looking at 1/10th the cost of a new Hypermax or Banks kit, so hopefully I can cobble together something. About to move up to Washington - I told myself that before I make that 550 mile trip again, some things are changing with the IDI! 3G alternator, electric fans, real gauges, tranny and coolant filters, headlight relay mod and fog lights, front end rebuild, Hell, might even install a radio. Selling a '72 F-250 I'm cleaning up right now (bought for $450), so I figure I can dump the large majority of the profit into this rig.

Regards,

apt

apt403

Reaction score
Waiting for him to get off work - I'll try to get him to send me some pics - He doesn't sound like one of the 5-megapixel-toting-smartphone crowd. Worst comes to worst I'll pull up the parts diagram and go over all the parts with him on the phone. My buddy works at a fabrication shop, I'm thinking I could get the crossover made up for pretty cheap - The only question is whether they've got a mandrel bender there.

Unfortunately it's raining today, and my shop space is taken up by the '72 F250. So instead of the headlight relay mod on the IDI, I've been pulling apart the '72. Angle grinding bolts off is fun.

EDIT: I feel bad for being a lurker - I'm on this forum everyday almost, yet I only have 4 posts.. Maybe I should start a build thread - The Oilburner's IDI Mod Build, considering the vast majority of the mods I'm planning come from the Tech section...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online