At TImes A Noist Injector???

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At TImes A Noisy Injector???

Question, why at times would an injector become noisy...it almost sounds like a lifter-tap but I know it's an injector because when I add TCW3 to the fuel it gets quiet. And, at times even without the TCW3 added it will be quiet.

I would think either an injector would stick or not???

Not many miles on these injectors, under 10,000. Some may remember all the BS I went through with crappy IP's from Pensi then, I had Mel rebuild my original IP and I named it "the Baby Moose"
Back then I purchased the BB's new from Pensacola and I hand tested every one before instal, pressure and spray pattern was good (no *******)

Last edited:

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're in the infamous Oil Burners Hall of Shame!

I've heard :yell: they don't make new injectors, instead, they do a really quick and dirty job like grinding the pintles and then you get "new" injectors with trash in them!!!

Go look at our Hall of Shame and learn...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your injectors are new when you purchased them from Pensacola??? If not then you have a set of suspect injectors from a known poor rebuilder. Sorry for the not so nice news.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Need some more info. Where they bought new are rebuilt?
How long ago did you buy them?

Oh and did you ever find your brother?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the question now is if you pull them and pop them now, how are they?

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some more info. Where they bought new are rebuilt?
How long ago did you buy them?

Oh and did you ever find your brother?
Wow, you remember about my brother, well, May 17'th 2013 at 8am I received the call by brothers dismembered, disemboweled rotting remains were in two Rubbermaid containers since she murdered him August 3'rd 2007. I knew she murdered him but I had no idea how horrific the reality would be. Back then I was in my brothers house six times listening to her fabricated lies! I had no idea my brother could have been in the very next room...freshly dismembered and in two containers. She had his head in a separate container. The court process lasted 23 months, the trial ended last month. It's best to be prepared to read this story.
Because of the above, I see a therapist, nurse practitioner, case manager and a victims crime advocate. I'm on four meds daily...it's a horror movie come true and I'm living in it.
As if what the butchering monster did to him wasn't enough...she also laced his food with methamphetamine and downers. My brothers arm was in a sling from a week old rotators cuff surgery. She stabbed him to death during his morning shower, let him bleed out like a dead animal then started to disembowel and dismember him. She had his remains for almost seven years and relocated to three houses before they busted into her last Ventor NJ house.
Channel 10 nbc Philly & NJ covered the trial and sentencing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urder-reveals-dragged-remains-time-moved.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-pieces-storing-Tupperware-containers.html

Last edited:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh good lord... That woman had better be electrocuted while being hung as a firing squad shoots her!

Is there any chance an injector ingested some metal? I did find a sliver of metal in an injector from IDIoit that looked like a piece of thread from the nut. Since it seems like you have a pop tester, I'd stethoscope them and pull any odd sounding ones.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so back when I got the 'new' Delphi BB's I borrowed a pop-tester from a friend...he's 70 miles away. I never thought to listen to each one with a stethoscope which I do have.
"could metal have gotten in one?" Well, I don't know how but again why would one injector 'at times' be tapping and then go quiet?
If I pull them all I would probably ship them to Mel and have him test and rebuild.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the debris floats around where the pintle seats (in the return fuel tract) it may seat and unseat. An unseated inector will pop extremely early and at very low pressure, possibly produced a unique pre-ignition noise.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the debris floats around where the pintle seats (in the return fuel tract) it may seat and unseat. An unseated inector will pop extremely early and at very low pressure, possibly produced a unique pre-ignition noise.
Are you referring to the return lines, like maybe if the inside rubber returns lines are breaking down...but doesn't the return line send unused fuel back to the fuel tank then, it's re-filtered once it hits the main fuel filter?

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm speaking about the injector internals. A small portion of fuel isn't pushed into the precup, it goes back up through the injector and out to the rubber lines.

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one that's been doing the same thing for years. I sometimes run 50/50. ATF/Diesel and the noise disappears. Figure it's the thicker fuel. Temp might be causing the coming and going. Is it quieter when cold? Fuel less viscous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one that's been doing the same thing for years. I sometimes run 50/50. ATF/Diesel and the noise disappears. Figure it's the thicker fuel. Temp might be causing the coming and going. Is it quieter when cold? Fuel less viscous.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just it, there's no reason when or why...hot or cold temps, damn thing sounds like a typewriter, I can run it for an hour and it's tapping away then it may go dead quiet. Restart it and it's quiet, then later that day it's hammering.
But a heavy dose of TCW3 helps muffle the noise, this tells me it's an injector and not an engine lifter bleeding down.