Article in "Diesel Power" Magazine......

greythorn3

wheelordie.com
Reaction score
ya if you dont got 6 cup holders and tv's in each headrest and on the cieling and in the dash you probably wont get yoru truck featured in that magazine.

Ray

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
4 wheeler is a mag I like, they show lots of backyard junk....Right up my alley...Too bad they didn't have a diesel mag like that...I love a good used parts bin how-to article.

Last edited:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
sounds like we got a truck that will make it in diesel power mag and they do an article on it featuring a magna flow exhaust bolt on and a chip
plug and play

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
are u serious or being sarcastic for me i like the petercar over a freightshaker anyday the pete is far superior truck in our fleet at least i guess that is a totally different discussion

Camarogenius

Reaction score
are u serious or being sarcastic for me i like the petercar over a freightshaker anyday the pete is far superior truck in our fleet at least i guess that is a totally different discussion

Ayup. Right up until a big fella like me tries to drive it. Peterbilts and kenworths are built for scrawny little runts.
I fart in their general direction.
An FLD fits me well, and is comfortable.

tractorman86

Reaction score
it is still the typical psd model but they did actually do a nice work truck article on one somebody built with all ford or international facotry parts. i am 6'2" 235 and i love our 81 pete, i wouldnt trade it for 10 new freightcrappers, we also have a 95 that has lots of room.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
it is still the typical psd model but they did actually do a nice work truck article on one somebody built with all ford or international facotry parts. i am 6'2" 235 and i love our 81 pete, i wouldnt trade it for 10 new freightcrappers, we also have a 95 that has lots of room.
I'm 6'5" and 385#.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Pete's are to small inside and poison to work on IMHO....Freightliner has it's good and bad models like everyone else...Bang for the buck I'd take a Freightshaker classic over any other truck...Loads cheaper than a Pete to buy and maintain. The FL dashes are junk, but lets not forget that Freightshakers are just a big Dodge, owned by Daimler-Chrylser as are Sterlings and Western Star....

I'd take a Kenworth over a Pete. I like how they look better. I'm in the middle of tearing apart a Mercedes 4000 engine...Lifter failed on #1 exhaust valve causing the valve adjustment to get loose and the valve bridge to fall off....Thus making it "bark" out through the intake when the exhaust valves didn't open....To pull a lifter in the 4000 you have to pull the cam and to pull the cam you have to remove the engine (rear gear train, cam comes out through the back) and put it upside down on a stand so the lifters will fall away from the cam....Pure poison. It took me a day to remove the engine, and another day to strip it down and mount it to the stand....This is the first lifter failure the tech support said they have heard of so as usual I'm the guniea pig.:rolleyes:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
that sounds fun and interesting have u had a bunch of problems with that mercedies engine? i think that the series 60 is one of the best engines out there today they leak oil like a MOTHER F@#$%^& though we've had a bunch of problem with our cats and cummins just typicle bull **** though. but ur right bang for the buck freightshaker for shure take a pete 379 and a FL classic same everything they both haul the same amount but the FL is just cheeper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online