Anyone with first-hand experience with 1.0AR turbo housings?

Quadzilla

Reaction score
I've decided to put one on my truck, and am looking for some info regarding the real-world effects of making this swap. Anyone with first-hand knowledge of what really happened once it's been done?
Thanks in advance for any/all replies.

swh22

Reaction score
Quad-
I did this swap last summer and there was definitely a noticeable improvement. I noticed that you mentioned on TDS that you don't plan on going to bigger injectors, so in that case I think it's a great mod.

I saw probably ~3 psi more boost in the midrange and maybe 1 more on top. The best way to describe it is just more giddy-up in the low-mid range. When you are cruising down the highway you will be sitting 2-3 psi higher and when you get on the throttle your boost will climb faster.

You won't be doing ;burnout all day, but it's still worth a :cheers:

Steve

Quadzilla

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Steve. I see you're also running propane, so your input carries a lot of weight. Did you install the housing after you had propane on your truck? If so, did you have to re-adjust the propane settings for the extra boost?
Scott.

swh22

Reaction score
I put the housing on maybe a month after my propane, but didn't really have to change any of my settings. I am running a homemade set-up though and use it more for fun than daily driving :D

I guess if you are used to having it come on at a certain boost you might need to adjust that. Since you are getting more air I'm sure you can turn up the bbq a little, but I didn't have my propane fine-tuned enough before/after the switch to help you out there.

Steve

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats the differance between that and a 1.5?

Stock housing on the 7.3L was a 1.15 AR (aspect ratio), alot of guys will go with a 1.0 AR or a .84 AR. With stock injectors it aids with a quicker spool up and better low end torque, the downside is it can also lead to higher EGT's. The 1.0 AR does OK with Stage I injectors but anything beyond that you want to stick with the 1.15 AR.