Anyone wanna trade rear bumpers?

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanna trade for a regular bumper and frame hitch ( class IV).

This one doesn't have the proper mounting hardware to meet it's 1000/10000 towing capacity (according to the sticker) and I would rather swap than have to fab something up. Well, that and we are looking for a pull-behind travel trailer and the 2" receiver on a 2wd is to low to the ground for my equalizer hitch to work properly.

PM me if your interested, I'm near Maryville, TN. Here is a not so nice cell phone pic. It does shine up nice and is in pretty good condition.

http://web.scrippsnewspapers.com/bhv/bumper1.jpg

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Seems like you live in tennesse, so do i, i would love to have that bumper on my girlfriends truck, show me a picture of the bumper you need, i might have what your looking for and would be glad to trade!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i know a guy that would be interested. how far are you from nashville?

NO I CALL THIS!:rotflmao do you know how long i have been trying to find another bumper like this that wasnt bent? my 86 has one but its all bent to hell, i want one on my girlfriends IDI

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
NO I CALL THIS!:rotflmao do you know how long i have been trying to find another bumper like this that wasnt bent? my 86 has one but its all bent to hell, i want one on my girlfriends IDI

:rotflmao i got to it first!!!!!! :D i want that bumper on my 87!!!!!! :sly

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@argve: That is part of the problem right now. The 2" receiver is welded to the bottom of the bumper so it is entirely relying on the bumper mounts for strength. No idea what the receiver rating is. The structure of the bumper itself on the other hand is pretty serious stuff. Definitely looks like it is build to live up to the 1000/10000 rating.

@93f250idi: I'm about 20 minutes south east of Maryville which is about 3 hours from the Nashville airport.

@dyoung14: A standard Ford 80's-90's step bumper is fine, I'm looking for function over form. So longs as it is in decent shape. The hitch is the most important part for me and a must have.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
@argve: That is part of the problem right now. The 2" receiver is welded to the bottom of the bumper so it is entirely relying on the bumper mounts for strength. No idea what the receiver rating is. The structure of the bumper itself on the other hand is pretty serious stuff. Definitely looks like it is build to live up to the 1000/10000 rating.

@93f250idi: I'm about 20 minutes south east of Maryville which is about 3 hours from the Nashville airport.

@dyoung14: A standard Ford 80's-90's step bumper is fine, I'm looking for function over form. So longs as it is in decent shape. The hitch is the most important part for me and a must have.

Well i have a couple plain jane bumpers and a hitch;Sweet

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This one doesn't have the proper mounting hardware to meet it's 1000/10000 towing capacity (according to the sticker) and I would rather swap than have to fab something up. Well, that and we are looking for a pull-behind travel trailer and the 2" receiver on a 2wd is to low to the ground for my equalizer hitch to work properly.
I have a bumper of similar shape and size, and you're right, the draw bar receiver was a bit on the low side till I lifted the rear up some with more leafs in the spring packs. But I am curious, how is your bumper bolted to the frame that has you question its strength? or is it the way the drawbar is welded to the bumper that has you concerned?

my 86 has one but its all bent to hell, i want one on my girlfriends IDI
Now that's dedication and love, right there! ;Sweet Mac, you need a plate bumper like a Ranch Hand or something of the likes, methinks it will just match your lifted SRW truck better. 93F250, before you think bumpers you gotta do something about them running boards first LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I showed her the bumper and she agrees it has a home on her truck, i havent told everyone in the forum yet but, yall remember the member that lived close to me i think his name was 7.3idiguy i bought his idi the 89 c-6 in my sig and i gave it to my girl friend

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I am curious, how is your bumper bolted to the frame that has you question its strength? or is it the way the drawbar is welded to the bumper that has you concerned?

The PO (or the PO-PO) just ran 4 bolts through the frame from the side (2 on either side), if that makes sense. So any weight on the bumper is only supported by the shear strength of 4 bolts and only on the last 6-7 inches of the frame. To top it off the holes in the truck frame are larger than the holes on the bumper frame so the bumper moves around a little. Not ideal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight