Anyone know where I can get a Pulse Adapter for a 1480?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have a complete Snap On 1480 timing meter, but I noticed while getting ready for the event of starting our new 6.9 that the luminosity probe has a fracture in it. Instead of trying to track down one of those, I'd rather run a pulse adapter that clamps around the injection line.
Does anyone have one they way to part with? Or where can I get one? I would like to spend less than $100 on it.
I searched ebay, but didnt find anything.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You could get a pulse adapter for a ferret I imagine, they're about $60 , but how are you going to create a circuit to make it drive the snap on unit? those clamp on pulse adapter units are piezoelectric triggers. Sensitive little buggers, but you need to have a circuit to convert the signal . I don't know if they would be compatible with the line level of the lumy probe or not.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have the gas spark adapter for my unit, so as I understand it, I think the pulse adapter would attach to the spark adapter, correct? unless what I have already IS a pulse adapter. Its the hook thing that looks like one of the pickups that clamp around a spark plug wire.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1480 requires an epoxy block that contains the circutry in question. It's part of the cable that goes from the 1480 to the pulse sensor.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The 1480 requires an epoxy block that contains the circutry in question. It's part of the cable that goes from the 1480 to the pulse sensor.
So unless snap on still sells the thing ( for $$$) or one can be found on ebay , it looks like it's a moot question.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel