Anybody up for an 8 door IDI Suburban?

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Man, I wish I had the time & $$$$ for something like this....This could be the ultimate tailgater rig!

http://eugene.craigslist.org/car/435095882.html

Anybody near Eugenetown going to be at the Cal game tomorrow? I'll be there...at the tailgater for sure :drunk: ...I'll probably make it into the game at some point. After the 1st quarter scalpers will darn near pay you to take their tickets LOL

Mike

Skidmark

Reaction score
That thing is ridiculous! BTW, I'm a eugeney-****** too! I'll be up in the mountains during the game but i will be listening on the radio.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Woot! Another Eugenean..yer not a tree huggin' hippy are ya? cookoo

Just kidding.

Have you done anything with biodiesel? I'm still trying to get "arountuit" about making a processor (no, I'm not a tree huggin' hippy either, but I don't think one has to be to realize the dino fuel issues aren't going to go away) so I can roll my own fuel. I've been running B100 from Sequential up the road since I bought the truck. The 50¢ a gallon kick back isn't hurting any either ;Really

I have about 50 gallons of used veggie oil in my garage at the moment...holding off collecting more until I come up with some way to do something with it.

Anyway, welcome (again) to the site!

Mike

Skidmark

Reaction score
hey, i just posted a reply about biodiesel on my block heater question. anyway, i buy b100 from sequential. what's that about the 50 cents kickback??? Nothing wrong with supporting oregon farmers rather than the **** getting rich off selling foreign oil. and i'm no hippy, but i did used to be a climber for a tree company here in eugene. we didn't hug trees as much as cut them.

Last edited:

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Yeah, that 50¢ thing is cool....Kulongoski signed a thing a while back that gives people who buy B100 and/or E85 (I'm not sure on the ethanol stuff) the rebate/kickback off of state taxes. HOAS, I'll see if I can find it....

OK, 10 seconds of searching and I didn't find it. I guess that's about my attention span tonight. Next time you fuel up at SQ they'll give you the info on it. Keep your receipts and you can write it off, up to $200 or $400, I can't remember now.

Mike

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well for sure who ever buys it will never see another one. Thats just something to buy and sit on till money makes its way to you.:thumbsup: -Drool

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Limo from hell

I don't think it was an IDI, but that thing looks about same length but about 2 yr older & with about a 20 yr older paintjob than that "Grayhound Limo" bus thing me & a friend rode (hi point of our lives) in 1970 from I think Lawton, Ok to some crossroads town in NW, Ok. Farther we went, smaller the Grayhound Buses got. Finally got to someplace out past the edge of the world, where the wind blows forever, & mail is delivered once weekly by small planes flying by, & pilot waves his wings so 'ya know "You Got Mail," then he chunks the mail out the window!!

We were heading to some far out place in the backside of Ok to see the world & make our fortune running combines on the NW grain harvest that summer.

Being poor, cheap, tightwad summertime students we hitch-hiked from NE Tx to Witchita Falls, Tx. Decided To heck with this, let's take the Bus! Found Grayhound terminal & got tickets. Bus leaves about 6 hr later. So we try to sleep & nap in bus station.

(If 'ya don't know, this don't work either! No way to get comfortable on benches. And bus stations draw every kind of sleeze-bag psycho....all of them fighting each other trying to proposition 2 redneck, country, dumb, tender 19 yr olds! We got about a gazillion propositions in about 20 minutes!)

We got out of there, walked up the street, found grassy vacant lot, laid down to nap for couple hours. Woke up sorta itching.
Big fancy Grayhound Bus came & we headed to Lawton. Got there & we're sort'a itching lots more.
Then we got on the Stretch Limo Grayhound from Hell & headed west on the narrowest, crookedest, bumpy pigtrail road I ever saw. Wind blowing hard & trying to blow us off the road. Limo bucking & flexing so bad we thought it was gonna break in two! And the Grayhound Line carried mail out thru there part way....to some small airport I guess.
There was all kind of mail in back, & somebody was mailing boxes of baby chicks....all of 'em peeping & chirping, stinking, & smelling like 1/2 of them was dead! Some of them had stuck their little heads out of those little round box holes & got Ker-smashed! But away we went!

And by now we both are itching, breaking out in big red spots from head to foot! Chiggers! Scratching ourselves crazy! & we're stuck in middle of that long, crowded, hot sweaty, deathtrap Limo!

Last 50 mi of that trip we transfered to some beat up panel rig with 2 windows broke out. But it had a Grayhound sign on the door. And we're itching, scratching, bleeding, sweating.......

Incidently, we didn't make any money that summer. That job paid $300/mo & room & board. That sly 'ol farmer worked us about 30 hr/da, 12 da/wk, 45 da/mo, made us sleep on a blanket under the trailer with snakes & scorpions, fed us outdated baloney sandwiches, kept trying to charge us for everything we broke as well as bit**ing & charging us for excess food we ate till we was owing him money!!!
We split in the middle of the night, hitch-hiked back to E Tx with our tail between our legs.....wondering how to pay for school that Fall:D

Skidmark

Reaction score
Pretty bad game. I happen to see the last quarter and it looked like the ducks were not at their best. ttman, i was up in the cascades today and was surprised to find that you guys already have snow. but you're probably used to that!