anybody running a ps cooler?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has a factory line that loops around on the frame crossmember. i assume its supposed to radiate heat to the frame. i picked up a factory bolt on trans cooler. its about 7x9 or so stacked plate design. anybody using this or one similar?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I did on my mustang, when I converted it from an auto to a 4spd. I just ran the PS line through the cooler instead of the transmission lines.

IHdieselfan

Reaction score
The newer superdutys have one. When I converted mine to hydro boost I stole one off a parts superduty. I mounted it to the radiator support just where it would get some breeze through the center hole in my turbo bumper

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Yes, without it power steering goes away when putting trailers in tight spaces. It works.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory plate one like that on my bronco and a regular little trans cooler on my 4x4 f250. Bronco is mounted on that crossmember and the 250's is up in front of the rad.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stacked plate design and the radiator internal type cooler does not allow enough flow for a power steering system. best to use a tube type cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster