Anybody converted to SVO yet?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
With fuel approaching +4.00/gal I've been looking at SVO kits. We do a fair amount of RV'ing & have a few long trips planned for the summer already ( booked them last summer) Anybody got one or know anybody with one? Pro's or Con's? I was looking at the Greasecar & Frybird kits. Big money but compared to pump diesel these kits could pay for themselves in no time, especially if you drive alot of miles on a daily basis.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Both the Greasecar and Frybrid kits work great, though they are a PITA to install on the Superduty's . However, that guy from Frybrid is a :Whatever:. I would personally never do any further business with him and will discourage others from doing so if at all possible. I had a part that was bad out of the box that he refused to warranty and blamed us for breaking, on top of waiting for other parts that he billed me for and never shipped, and then he had the lack of cajones to ignore me for a month and a half while I tried to get my money back.
I did install one of the new-at-the-time automated controllers in a Greasecar kit(on an IDI) and I must say that despite my skepticism it works great.
If you don't mind getting dirty and can devote the time and space to collecting and filtering grease, then WVO is the way to go. I am pursuing getting back into it myself after a long hiatus.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Is there any performance loss running on SVO? Why is it a PITA to install on a superduty? I noticed the Frybird kit incorporates a return line kit in the system & claims that will offer a 15 sec. purge. I already have the ITP reg.return line kit installed, along with single shot 160cc inj. & a chip. Will the SVO kit work with all my mods?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I've been running vegoil for almost two years. I have the Plant Drive kit. Truck runs flawlessly on it. From what I gather the absolute best system for Super Duty PSDs is the Vegistroke kit. It's fully automatic and purge times are very short.

http://www.dinofuelalternatives.com/proddetail.php?prod=DFA-9407VG&cat=51
Get the V3.

If you read how many are thrilled with their V3s you'd order one immediately. BUT, without a steady source of WVO you are nowhere!

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Is there any performance loss running on SVO? I already have the ITP reg.return line kit installed, along with single shot 160cc inj. & a chip. Will the SVO kit work with all my mods?

Slight loss but if you're not towing you won't notice any performance loss.
Wisdom dictates that you don't use a chip while running vegoil but many do without a problem. Chips feed more fuel and if any is unburnt you may develop problems if any gets past the rings.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I was looking into this for towing the RV on long hauls & long drives for work. My truck is a sled without the chip & would be even worse towing. I usually tow on the 80hp setting, nothing crazy. I'm gonna give them a call & see what they say. Thanks

SKimballC

Reaction score
Considering all the work you've been through with your truck plus the fact that you already have the reg. return line kit, it will be easy to convert your truck. I think you should actually be able to use the standard Greasecar truck kit since you have the return line kit already installed. Any Superduty-specific kit's main feature deals with adding a return to the dead-ended fuel system. Though, like hheynow said, the Vegistroke kit is supposedly the best thing going.