Any problems with moving the fuel tank selector solenoid?

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to move the stock 6 port solenoid into the engine compartment near the heater core hoses- the sender wires will have to be cut and extended.

I am moving it so that my switch over times between tanks will be reduced.

Does anybody know of any issues I may run into?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I should work without any problems.

Now I must ask a question.

since you mention that the time between will be shortened are you doing this because of different fuels (WMO or WVO) or is it because your running one tank completely dry then switching? Because running one tank completely empty is bad on the injection system which uses the fuel as lube.

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should work without any problems.

Now I must ask a question.

since you mention that the time between will be shortened are you doing this because of different fuels (WMO or WVO) or is it because your running one tank completely dry then switching? Because running one tank completely empty is bad on the injection system which uses the fuel as lube.

yes its for different fuels ( wvo & WMO) so that i don have to contaminate the diesel tank so much. and when i turn the truck off i will not have to wait as long for the waste fuel to be purged and be able to safely cut the motor.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Have you considered adding a second selector valve under the hood?

I've seen systems where the wvo return line is plumbed back into the return system on the motor not back to a tank. Then when it's in #2 mode the return is routed back to the tank.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you might want to consider getting another valve. not sure what you have in mind though. otherwise besides using allot of tub for everything it should be ok.