any obsticles using a 2wd donor truck for psd swap?

clp13294

Reaction score
hello all, looked at the powerstroke i was offered the other day and couldnt bring my self to seal the deal and i just cant justify getting rid of my truck, too much sentimental value, that being said i still want a psd in my truck. found a donor truck online, only problem is its a 2WD truck. are the tranny harnesses and stuff still the same and can i use the E40D out of my idi on the powerstroke? thanks for any help

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I know that the bolt patterns are the same on the engines, so your E4OD will bolt up. Tq converter may be different, but just use the one out of the PSD. Since the t-case is manual shift, I would think it would all work out.

(I have never done this, I am just going off things I know work. I was looking at doing this swap in my truck, but its a manual.)

PZ

clp13294

Reaction score
interior was rough on it and it wasnt the original gauge cluster so that threw up red flags. sounded nice and was a good looking truck though, just not for me. and the valve cover wasnt exactly "weeping" it had quite the puddle under it when i got there to look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online