Any Independents?

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Trying to find some independent O/O's. I've got freight in the Saint Louis area, as well as Minnesota.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Van/******. Probably more to the van. Depending on the particular load, sometimes Reefers are too heavy.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
So what is Landstar's O/O package offering? We're looking at bringing in a few O/O's and we haven't nailed down a pay package yet.
What do they pay for/Provide? What do they leave up to you?
What do you like about them, what dont you like?
When all is said and done, what are you averaging a mile?
How much sitting do you do?
How often are you home?
How often do you want to be home?
Incidentally, I haveFlatbed freight out of the Dakotas. :draw

Brickman

Reaction score
Camarogenius said:
So what is Landstar's O/O package offering? We're looking at bringing in a few O/O's and we haven't nailed down a pay package yet.
What do they pay for/Provide? What do they leave up to you?
What do you like about them, what dont you like?
When all is said and done, what are you averaging a mile?
How much sitting do you do?
How often are you home?
How often do you want to be home?
Incidentally, I haveFlatbed freight out of the Dakotas. :draw

Sorry to let this sit so long. I didn't get the usual email notice of a reply.

1. we get 75% of 98% of the gross, it all varies on how good of rate they get that rate is with your own trailer, 67% of 98% with their trailer
2. they pay all the cargo, loaded liability and figure the fuel tax, all the billing and we get paid weekly, every thing else is up to us, tags, all the state required permits, unladen liability, property damage ins, all of that can be taken off the settlement if you want, or line it up and pay for it all yourself
3. i pretty much like most every thing, as with any thing there are things that bug you, safety is #1.... #2 if in doubt refer to #1, if you screw with the comic book they let you know
biggest thing I don't like is that they force the agents to short mile every thing not truck practical, and I think 25% of the gross is a large cut to take.... but I knew that going in to the deal
4. I am averaging $1.30 to $1.40 but expect that to pick up when freight picks up, first quarter is pretty slow
5. the sitting all depends on what area you are in, if you are in the good freight lanes......... i'm sure you already know where those are things are good, but the bad areas suck just as much for us as they do for every one else
6. typically you can go home when you want, at Landstar you have access to the load board and pick your own frieght, so if you get a load you don't like its your problem for the most part, unless of course you get lied to
7. I like to be home every week, does that happen? NO :mad:

biggest reason I'll get out of OTR is not being at home that much/often

Brickman

Reaction score
www.landstar.com should be able to answer a lot of your questions

agents are also welcome, let me know if you decide to sign up, I'll give you my info to let them know I recruited you, I'll get $100 when you sign up

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, Most of my freight is Dry Van, but I've recently nailed down some flatbed stuff. It pays good, but it requires $500,000 Cargo Liability, Double Tarps, and it takes most of the day to load, and unload. But, It pays good.
We just shipped two loads out of Seattle, going to St. Louis. We paid $3000 per truck, whereas most flat beds are comeing out of Seattle for about $2000-$2400.
We've been able to get around the double tarp thing by using curtain sides and Conestogas.
I've got two loads sitting in Phoenix going to the Twin Cities, and one load in Filthadumpia Going to Seattle on the board right now. That Filthadumpia is gonna pay SWEET!!!!!!
I don't have enough flatbed stuff to bring on a flatbed driver, but if you ever want to pull a van, gimmie a call. ;Sweet

Brickman

Reaction score
With Landstar I can only haul their freight. Unlike when I was indepant and could haul from who ever would pay.