Any help with IP in Maine/New Hampshire?

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any members in the ME/NH area who would be willing to help me install and time an IP? I'd be willing to pay someone who knows what they are doing. Having trouble finding a diesel shop in the area that still knows how to time these old IDIs. Had a shop install a Uhaul IP and now the truck has less power and a rough idle. Said it was timed to 8 degrees at 2000 rpm and may need to be advanced more. I asked lots of questions on the timing, and although he knows more than I do I don't think he did it right.

On a second note the perfectly running IP he took off was a Stanadyne reman that I thought was the original IP. Plus after finding OldBull's thread on Uhaul IP problems I'm determined to just put the known good IP back in with the timing set correctly. I don't want to go back to that shop again and think I should not have bought that Uhaul IP. I also put in Typ4 injectors last month and while it ran rough at first, it cleared up after a few drives and was running better than ever. Now I just need to get it back where she was.

Thanks for any and all help!