Another air in fuel keak.

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My turn to complain about a leaky return line that has my truck down. I limped it home, got to looking, and the #6 return cap was wet & I could see bubbles there. Replaced the 2 o-rings, but no luck getting it to fire. Napa & another parts store & local Ford dealer have nothing on return line kits. Anybody close to Detroit have any suggestions? thanks. Grog

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first make shure the cap is all the way down, i have the problem of them not snaping in place.

i usualy take a screw driver with a blunt tip and tap it with my hand to get it into place that usualy fixes the leak, also put a little vasilene on the o-rings

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to bring this up cuz my wife thinks I'm in love with my truck, but O rings love ky or astroglide for lub. 've never had trouble seating any O ring sense I started using them.

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Feeble old guy brain fart update, after cranking it over three times with the required two minute cooldown intervals, I happened to glance at the trip odometer, and realized that there was a very real chance that I was out of fuel. Typical rear sender not working right. Sooo... 5 gallons of diesel later, and two cranking sessions later, all is good. I am happy that I fixed my leaky o-rings, maybe the rest of the winter will go OK.