And so it begins....Restoration of the ol IDI

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM me.

And thanks alot to whoever put that quote in my sig! ;Sweet

I thought you had added it yourself?

And I tried to PM you; it looks like you have PM's turned off...looks like the only option is to send a visitor message on your page. You can E-mail me at warden145_removeme_@_removeme_comcast.net if you want...thanks again, and sorry for the brief thread hijack :oops:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I just noticed that. Fixed.

Try it again if it worked. I never did check anything in my control panel ever since I signed up here.

sassyrel

Reaction score
idi John...wihewell,,dont you want elec windows?????????????? years ago[many] power windows were a problem..Ford wayyyyyy less than a ch:puke:........ive had many Ferds with them--and never have had any problem,,other them the windows freezing shut--and you wont turn em with manuals either!! no switch problems,,motor,,nothing------sure beats hand cranking them!! even had a rural postal carrier, that ordered a package in his bronco, and these were part of it,,and he didnt know..and was pissed when it showed up..dealer told him,if he had problems,,bring it in,,and it would be worked on immed!!!! guess what?? 4 years later,,and may ups and down of the pass window,, the switch started to act up--dealer put in a new switch,,and it never did had another problem--he traded it,,and then bought a ch:puke:.....cookoocookoocookoo had that one year--and traded for a dodge,,then retired!!!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I always did, and always will love crank windows over power!

Plus, this truck will be restored to original spec, it's a F250 Custom, no options at all, 2 speed wipers, crankers, pop me up locks :D

It's staying that way. I love it as is.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Alright, yesterday I removed some parts off the engine to keep for my own, now tomorrow I plan on removing the cab off the frame.

I am left with MANY good parts and body panels witch I will have to scrap if I can't get rid of them soon. If someone is interested, but can't come soon, I can hold 'em for a while.

Everything off the truck is up for grabs but the cab, if anyone is interested PM me.

Box is no good, full of bondo. I will not ship anything big, you will have to come get it. All body parts are in great shape and rust free.

Anyone have any hints or tricks/help for removing the cab with the box and engine still installed?

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Alright guys, bug day of work today. Start working outside just before noon, and just came in at 6:30pm.

Heres what we done. Cab is off the frame. Weighs just about the same as a long box. We picked it up just me and my dad to get it off.

Swaped the vintage Turbine wheels from the parts truck over to the black '89 F150. Swaped out the 4 almost new shocks from the parts truck over to the '89 F150, the '89 still had all it's original shocks, all of witch had all leaked out and were bone dry.

That truck rode like a Caddy! Bouncy :D Now, wow did it ever make a difference! Rides....like a truck again. Now the front wheels are like this \ /

Anyways, now were done with this rolling red piece of crap, off to the crusher! I still have to remove and keep the rear mounted gas tank, and a couple other little things.

I may remove and keep that 5 speed transmission, as it's to good for scrap, shame about the 300 inline 6 engine tho, runs like a top, and only has 98k miles. No room to keep that, i'm already keeping a 1980 300-6 out of a Van.

This is right after taking the cab off the frame. We picked it up by the rockers, and walked it out towards the drivers side, stop, lay it down on the engine and by the box, get up standing on the passenger side frame rail, pick it up again, move it more towards the drivers side. Sat it down passenger side rocker on drivers side frame rail. Both of us on driver side of cab, pull it up and heres what it looked it right after we did that.
You must be registered for see images attach

Not that bad, but still needs some work.

Swaping out the wheels and shocks.

Handy torch

Here it will sit for a week or so untill I bring this cab to a body shop.

To move it from the driveway, up inside the garage, we used the Cherry picker (engine crane) with a rope across the roof, lifted right up and rolled it there.