Alt fuel source?

NAVYRam

Reaction score
Just was wondering what had to be done to mineral Oil to make it used for fuel for us Diesel drivers?

I think that I may have a large supply of mineral oil for free, IF there is a way to make it burnable. By the way, this is my first post on this site. I used to frequent NWBombers.com, and turbodieselregistry.com, but I no longer have a turbo diesel, I sold it and part of the deal was the 84 F250 IDI. Thanks in advance for the info.

Rick

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I don't know, but magura hydro equipment use mineral oil (motorcycle clutch's and mtb brakes). Its pretty thin, I suspect the viscosity isn't a problem. Don't know how well it burns. It doesn't hurt rubber that I know of (lots of rubber bits in my bicycle brakes, no issues). Umm, that's my only experence with the stuff.

This part (taken from the above link) looks like its working for some folks
http://www.frybrid.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1912.html

If I had a free or cheep source of mineral oil I'd put it in my tank and see what happens. How bad can it be ;Really

best of luck

Last edited:

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i were you I would run it mixed in with some ATF or fresh motor oil to see if it will burn. I would run the ATF or oil for lubricity and maybe for a little extra burn.

Chris

snatchal

Reaction score
I followed those threads over to the frybrid site. Is that our NapaBavarian ******* off the hippies in the WMO discussion ? :rotflmao