ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO POST

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only on this site, so it isn't on my end.

For nearly a year, it has been rather aggravating to make a simple post, on account of the cursor(curser, courser, whatever) flickering and disappearing.

The last couple weeks, the problem has multiplied tenfold.

The whole screen will suddenly lurch up or down.

The cursor will, for no reason, relocate itself to somewhere else on the page.

Using the delete or backspace keys makes the cursor slowly jerk along, and with it disappearing for many seconds at a time, it causes things to be deleted that were not meant to be.

These problems are far worse when "replying" to a post.

I only ever use the 6.9/7.3 IDI segment of the site, if that has anything to do with it.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the whole problem is caused by that silly flickering -always changing- add that is right above the message box.

If there is a way to address this problem and fix it, it would be most appreciated.

Otherwise, it is to the point that making a post is more trouble than it is worth.:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
working fine here.
are you talking about the AD boxes? unfortunately there's no way to turn them off.
what ae the specs on the system you're running?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ae the specs on the system you're running?

I have no idea what specs are, let alone what system I am running.

Internet Explorer or somesuch is all I know.

Every other site I use is smooth as silk.:dunno

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only on this site, so it isn't on my end.

The whole screen will suddenly lurch up or down.

The cursor will, for no reason, relocate itself to somewhere else on the page.

Using the delete or backspace keys makes the cursor slowly jerk along, and with it disappearing for many seconds at a time, it causes things to be deleted that were not meant to be.

I can almost certainly say that the above problems are not associated with anything going on here at Oilburners. Now not saying that we are 100% innocent but the problems you describe are certainly a client issue.

If there is a way to address this problem and fix it, it would be most appreciated.

Otherwise, it is to the point that making a post is more trouble than it is worth.:dunno

The DieselSite banner is just a simple .gif file so it shouldnt be taking a lot of resources on your end to run it. What kind of internet security software are you running? You may be able to block ads with your security if you set it correctly.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am gonna get the wife, or her geek brother, to check out the situation, since it must be on my end.

I barely know how to navigate through simple posts, so most of what you all have said has went way above my head.:smash:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin