aftermarket wheels

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have been looking at aftermarket wheels. With all the different backspacing offsets hub centric lug centric it is hard to make a choice. It seems the alcoa's are lug centric also so I think that is not an issue. What about backspacing and off sets? I want stock size tires 235 85 16. I was looking at pro comp model 1069-6882 16x8 2mm offset 4.5 backspace because it has the highest load rating (3650) next to the alcoas,but nothing on there site states anything about center caps for 4wd. they only show a solid cap that says it is 2 pieces. Maybe it has a removable end cap. they are closed until monday so I cant call them.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/S...?t_c=11&t_s=210&t_pt=100073&t_pn=PXA1069-6882
anyone go down this road yet? Any info would be appreciated ,I'm not stuck on this particular wheel so any other suggestions are welcome. I just like this style

SearsMech

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of aftermarket wheels. I'm sure there are good ones out there but the majority of the ones I see are junk. Chome plated aluminum definately doesn't work. Some of the cheaper cast aluminum has air pockets in them and when they start to corrode exposes the pocket and you have leaks. I have also seen them crack on the underside causing leaks. Don't know what "State of the art low-pressure casting technology" is but it sounds cheaper to me. My older brother always told me you want forged wheels. As far as hub or pilot centric, I know some of the automanufacturers have factory pilot centric, I want my wheels sitting on the hubs. The 94-97 HD Ford aluminum wheels are made by Alcoa. Not sure if there forged or are actually "hub centric" I bet they fit on the hub pretty tight. I would use those or aftermarket Alcoas or maybe Eagles or just stick with the factory steels.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walker Evans wheels are the only aftermarket wheels I'd consider for my truck aside from Alcoa's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online