Aftermarket suppliers, The "best" choice?

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Between Bronco Graveyard, NPD, LMC, And JC Whitney, Which one is the better of the four? I ordered a headlight pigtail from BG and one of the ears is already broke leaving me to use a ziptie to hold it on.

Instead of gambling every weekend hoping to get an OEM part thats been in the sun and weather for who knows how long, I'd almost rather spend a little more and get new.

Same with panel paint. I have red interior panels and want them black. What would be a paint to do it with? Normal plastic paint or the "special" paint they're trying to sell?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the crap parts saga. Unless its nos ford or old name brand, its China junk. I like rustoleum plastic paint if they still make it. If not, duplicolor makes great products.

Leroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the junkyard has the best parts.. and ppg has the best paint ..

i recommend ..

use DBI 9700 PPG over bulldog adhesion promoter on hard plastic surfaces ..

use SPC 9700 PPG over flexable or soft surface ..

9700 is jet black 9300 has brown undertone / those are the main two

the devils' in the details / thoroughly degrease and remove silicone x5 + proper scuff, or the entire operation will be for naught ..

alternately you can use SEM black / works good but i like spray control .. buy if your on a budget / time

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I find you have to shop around to get the best parts at the best price. BroncoGraveyard is great on some items and way too expensive on others.