Afew more things done

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now that i haev some more time since I was asked to resign I was able to get a few things done I have been putting off. The door spring had broken and the door would always slam on your leg if you weren't careful. So I went on Rock Auto and found they had a Dorman HELP part to fix it. It wasn't too bad to fix other than I dropped the flat piece of metal and it fell behind the fender. It took me longer to get it out than to do the whole job. Leg is safe now.

My right turn wouldn't stay on because the plastic piece broke.I saw on rock that while comparing prices for a new turn switch that they had a repair piece available. well $10 beats $90 any day. It went' in very easy but what's this............now the turns don't work. What the heck!!!! After careful observation I saw that the little rid on teh new part was 1/16 longer than the old and it wouldn't go past the other parts. A quick little snip, snip,(ouch, the thought of that just hurts) and everything is up and running.

So now I have to decide if its turbo time. It is the wrong time of year becuase of constant hauling, but it sure owuld be nice. Tomorrow I give it a run with one of the trailers. I will see how much improvement the Holley makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin