Advance Auto Radiator Cracked Again

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought at advance online using promo code P20.
by the time i scrapped my old rad,my final cost was only around a couple hundred bucks.

it's lifetime warrantied.so just take it back and get another.
make sure all your rubber mounts are in good shape?
where exactly do they seem to be failing?

looks like iv had the copper/brass ready rad (#432194 for my truck) since June last summer.
no problems yet.

Yeah mine is fine too and cools pretty good. time will tell.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
The first one a tube separated at the bottom, like a radiator does with age, but with like 10 or 15 years age, not 1 year. lol This one the joint for the top tank cracked. I had it repaired, the repair guy said the tank wasn't pressed all the way into its seat, so when they soldered it at the factory most of the solder just pooled off and left very little holding that tank on.
FYI Advance said they have changed their lifetime warranty policy only this last week. They no longer offer lifetime warranties if you install the part yourself and you're not a certified ASE technician. If you yourself have a ASE certificate then good for you, here's a cookie! If not then kiss the warranty goodbye.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
FYI Advance said they have changed their lifetime warranty policy only this last week. They no longer offer lifetime warranties if you install the part yourself and you're not a certified ASE technician. If you yourself have a ASE certificate then good for you, here's a cookie! If not then kiss the warranty goodbye.

What a joke!
:mad:

Methinks I would not be buying anything at advance anymore. I guess they don't want the do-it-yourselfers as customers anymore. -cuss

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shocked: Wow, seriously?!? ...From what I can tell, they don't have much or any presence in California, but even if they did, I think I'd be doing everything I could to avoid them. That is ridiculous -cuss I mean, if the failure can be directly attributed to improper install, that's one thing, but this is bovine ***** matter...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About 8 years ago Nappa was selling me lifetime starters. so I used them til they told me my "lifetime warranty del has run out"...:eek: So a verble fight started and I won one more starter. BTW that was to last Nappa starter my rig has worn. Only reason I bought from Nappa was my mom and pop starter rebuilder was closed after 130 pm on saturday. In a pinch you do what you have to do. Sometimes I learned to walk...:rotflmao

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Napa has been on my pressing emergencies only list for years.
I've never seen an Advance Auto store that I can recall, but I'll be sure to avoid them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get my Radiators from Stoner's Radiator Shop in Quarryville PA. We've bought several and had problems with none. Yea, they don't make em' like they used to. Aluminum cores and plastic tanks, but they are lighter and cool just as well it seems.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I had, when they first came to town, used Advance for most everything. Their parts seemed to be of good quailty. But they quality started to fall, and they changed the warranty the first time.... (lifetime 1 time replacement, then 90 days on the replacement) I went back to AZ... AZ's parts have gotten better, and they still have the lifetime warranty. NAPA has fallen in quality also, we used to use NAPA exclusively, because they had very good parts, but the last thing I have gotten from NAPA, the alt for my Ex, I have gone through 4.... the current one is a BOSCH reman from NAPA, the other 3 were 2 NAPA remans, and a NAPA new......

I have a waterpump that is weeping on the truck.... the replacement will come from IH or Ford.......

Titojeep

Reaction score
X's two on what Diesel JD said above. I too have the alluminum one from Autozone and this thing has been great. Heavy duty tank, tuff welds, and 5 rows. Although slightly thinner than stock, it's cooling capability is great.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with your track record on advance auto parts, I'm surprised they haven't banned you from the chain. that being said, you know you were asking for trouble by cheaping out. for you, it's not a case of russian roulette, you're going to find the live round every time.:eek:
btw....
i'm going to make you open your wallet. I have a line on a orig unresotored '68 Camaro that's looking for a new home. pics shortly.

I got a best friend might want that

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last radiator I bought for one of my trucks was in the 87 before the Texas move. Was a copper-brass unit from AZ. Paid 150 bucks for it out the door with my discount. Never had a leak. I look at what is out there now and realize I'll be having my units repaired for years to come.