Adjusting Fuel Screw on DB2 pumps with pics

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
92.5 ish and newer, IIRC. It's in the back of the pump on like a 45 degmangle or some such. Couldn't tell you exactly where without looking, and I ain't doing that, too cold outside.

Someone will be along with a pic or diagram I bet.
Yup, only on newer IDIs; my '92 had the first one I've ever seen in person. Other pumps have had the hole for it, but just a block-off screw in there.

This "torque screw" is located on the back of the IP, above the injector lines. It's angled down and in.
What it does(and you can see this if you pull the ip cover), is simply stop the metering valve from opening all the way, even when you floor it. It just... limits peak fueling.

On my '92 with a Banks kit and a boost leak, with the fuel screw maxed and torque screw at the stock position, it made 150hp at the wheels. Pull the torque screw back 1/4" and it made 200hp at the wheels, a couple of hours later, at 7 psi of boost.
Fixed the boost leak and now it makes 15...

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but it is very useful and I did my 1st fuel adjustment today (turned mine down).
I just wanted to thank the OP for posting this and the others that have added to it.

And, I was lucky enough that the fuel adjustment screw was right there when I got it's cover off. I didn't even take the gear cover off or have to turn the engine over at all. What are the odds of that?
I suggest you all try for the same before going to the other steps. You never know.

And I wanted to add something. You don't need to take the fuel screw cover all the way off. Remove the top screw and just loosen the bottom screw so you can swivel the cover and it's rubber gasket down out of the way.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And I wanted to add something. You don't need to take the fuel screw cover all the way off. Remove the top screw and just loosen the bottom screw so you can swivel the cover and it's rubber gasket down out of the way.
That's all I ever do.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And, I was lucky enough that the fuel adjustment screw was right there when I got it's cover off. I didn't even take the gear cover off or have to turn the engine over at all. What are the odds of that?
I suggest you all try for the same before going to the other steps. You never know.
You had a 1 in 360 chance that it would be there.......buy a lottery ticket right now, but don't go out in a lightning storm to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online